Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: URL hiding

Re: URL hiding

George Ter-Saakov

My understanding in the WebFarm you have a Balance Loader ( software or
hardware).
You are assigning the www.ABC.com to it. And Balance Loader is redirecting
traffic to the www.01ABC.com or www.02ABC.com

Of course you can hit directly the servers www.01ABC.com or www.02ABC.com

So I am not sure what kind of problem you have.

George.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> If internally I am running several farms e.g. www.01ABC.com and
> www.02ABC.com but I would like to display it as www.ABC.com even though at
> the backend it is redirect to www.01Abc.com.
>
> How am I going to make it work in this way?
>
> Thanks,
> Kenny

Kenny

the problem is when i redirect to servers www.01ABC.com or www.02ABC.com,
the url path display is www01.ABC.com
what I want it to be display is www.ABC.com. Is it possible? and How to
configure it?

"George Ter-Saakov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My understanding in the WebFarm you have a Balance Loader ( software or
> hardware).
> You are assigning the www.ABC.com to it. And Balance Loader is redirecting
> traffic to the www.01ABC.com or www.02ABC.com
>
> Of course you can hit directly the servers www.01ABC.com or www.02ABC.com
>
> So I am not sure what kind of problem you have.
>

> George.
>

> "Kenny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > If internally I am running several farms e.g. www.01ABC.com and
> > www.02ABC.com but I would like to display it as www.ABC.com even though

at
> > the backend it is redirect to www.01Abc.com.
> >
> > How am I going to make it work in this way?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kenny

George Ter-Saakov

What do you mean by "I redirect to servers"?
Does your application redirects? Do not use server names.

In your APP use Response.Redirect("/asd/asda/my.aspx");

The balancer is configured to reroute TCP IP traffic to the 01ABC or 02ABC
machine and is totally transparent for Browser. So browser will never guess
that 01ABC and 02ABC exist.

George.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...