Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > HP vs Dlink Wireless Router Help

HP vs Dlink Wireless Router Help

mklelito mklelito is offline
Junior Member

Hi, hope someone can assist.

I have a brand new HP Pavilion DV6614TX Laptop that is running Windows Vista. The laptop is only 2 months old, and was bought brand new. I also have a Dlink Rounter DI-524 that is connected to a main PC with broadband.

The laptop has a built-in wireless modem/receiver, and until recently was working flawlessly from any room in the house. In the past week or so, I can't seem to connect or stay connected to the internet with this wireless unless I am within a meter or two of the router when connecting. When I leave the room, it works well for maybe 30 mins to an hour, and then drops out again.

I don't know what could be done, as I have not changed any settings or configurations since day one, and as the laptop does connect when close to the router, I am confident that there are no software or hardware issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am getting very frustrated with this connection.

Thanks

MunchBC MunchBC is offline
Junior Member
Location: Washington, DC

I would log into the router and check all the settings. I have a wireless D-Link router myself and love it. Once you're logged into the router check under "Tools"/"Log" (just to see if anyone else has been accessing your connection, if they have, they might've tinkered with your settings). Also while you're there, check to see if the router has been resetting itself, I've seen instances like that in the past. Next I would take a look under "Advanced"/"Performance" and take a look at your antenna transmit power, make sure it's at 100%. Is your wireless network password protected? Are you running any filters on the router?