Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > dental photography recommendation

dental photography recommendation

tomm42

On Jul 9, 2:26 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am dentist and I need to record some of my work with photos.
>
> In the beginning I was thinking in buying the following pack:
>
> Camera: Nikon D 40x
> Objectif: Sigma DG Macro 105
> Flash: Sigma EM-140 DG
>
> I believe that the Nikon D40x is no longer available in the market.
>
> Should I go for the Nikon 40 or Nikon 60 (the replacement of the
> 40X).
> Is it really worth to buy the Nikon 60 (are the advantages just the
> number of megapixels?) .
>
> Any suggestion or recommendation would be welcome.
>
> Thank you,
> Hugo

As a medical photographer I would recommend at least a Nikon D80 with
a 90-105 lens and the Nikon R1 flash system. Aleast a D80 becuse you
want a prism viewfinder, not a mirror based like the D40, or D60. BIG
difference especially if you are photographing teeth, as the mouth
tends to be dark. The Sigma 105 macro is a good lens, the R1 flash
system is wireless activated by your on camera flash with an infrared
filter on it. At close working conditions the 123 lthium batteries in
this flash last a long time. The Nikon Flash Commander system is the
best flash system yet devised.

Tom