Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > DHTML Software

DHTML Software

mab464

Hi everybody,
Whats the best softwrare to create DHTML pages. commercial and non
commercial (freeware). Also is there any good 'free' ebook on DHTML?
searched the google but haven't found any yet.

Thanks

Travis Newbury

On Jul 8, 9:12*pm, "mab464" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> * * * * Whats the best softwrare to create DHTML pages. commercial and non
> commercial (freeware). Also is there any good 'free' ebook on DHTML?
> searched the google but haven't found any yet.
>
> Thanks

Notepad?

David Segall

Ed Jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Travis Newbury wrote:
>
>>On Jul 8, 9:12*pm, "mab464" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Hi everybody,
>>> * * * * Whats the best softwrare to create DHTML pages. commercial and non
>>> commercial (freeware). Also is there any good 'free' ebook on DHTML?
>>> searched the google but haven't found any yet.
>>>
>>> Thanks

>>Notepad?

>Notepad++ is free and a lot better than notepad, which is the basic text
>editor that comes with Windows.
><http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm>

Travis was arguing in favour of an editor that provides _no_ help in
writing [D]HTML except that it results in machine readable text if the
user has a version of Windows. I'm sure he would have advocated the
superior, cross-platform, pencil and paper if he thought the OP had
hardware that could read it. You are proposing an editor that has
syntax highlighting and, consequently, provides more assistance than
Notepad but not as much as, say, Komposer. I think that means that you
need to justify your choice whereas Travis' position is clear.

Travis Newbury

On Jul 9, 11:17*am, Ed Jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Notepad++ is free and a lot better than notepad, which is the basic text
> editor that comes with Windows.
> <http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm>

Actually I use notepad+ all the time for XML and quick fixes to HTML/
css Great Program. But for heavy duty, I still prefer Dreamweaver
CS3. I use the wysiwyg for basic layout then text mode for making it
right.

Travis Newbury

On Jul 9, 4:59*am, Guy Macon <http://www.GuyMacon.com/> wrote:
> I will point you at some online references, but you have to promise
> to do something in return.

Please don't ask for sex... Please don't ask for sex...

>*I want you to set up a audio-only
> browser (as used by the blind), and test your Dynamic HTML pages
> to make sure that you are not descriminating against blind people

Phew....

Just f'ck'ing with you Guy. Lighten up and have a great day.

Bergamot

Guy Macon wrote:

> If you are using Windows, the best softwrare to create DHTML
> pages is NotePad.

Notepad sucks.

There are far, far better tools out there, many of which are free. Lists
of good editors come up in these groups often enough it should only take
a few seconds to find them in the group archives.

--
Berg

Bergamot

Ed Jay wrote:

> It's still around. <http://www.adobe.com/products/homesite/>
>
> In looking at the Adobe site, I find that I have an older version (5) versus
> 5.5, so apparently they're still supporting it.

I heard a rumor this was going to be the last release of Homesite, but
who knows? It would be a shame if Adobe dropped it, coz it's a great editor.

--
Berg

Chris F.A. Johnson

On 2008-07-10, Ed Mullen wrote:

> Meaning (in most cases) "You get what you pay for."

I find that: "The best things in life are free."

Bergamot

Ed Mullen wrote:
> Bergamot wrote:
>>
>> Notepad sucks.
>>
>> There are far, far better tools out there, many of which are free.

> And, well, what's with the whole "free" thing, anyway?

The only reason to recommend Notepad as a development tool is because
it's free. If you're looking for a free tool, there are much better
choices. If you're not that cheap, then there are even more choices.

--
Berg

Travis Newbury

On Jul 9, 8:54*pm, Ed Mullen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> And, well, what's with the whole "free" thing, anyway? *Is everyone here
> so freaking poor that they can't afford $19 or $29 or $49 for a good
> tool that they will use for years? *Good Lord!
> Edit Pad Pro. *http://www.just-great-software.com/

Someone needs to get them to change their screen shots. If you read
about the features it sounds like the bee's knees. But the screen
shots make the application look cluttered and very user unfriendly.