Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > iPhone 8GB price comparison, Vodafone NZ vs O2 UK

iPhone 8GB price comparison, Vodafone NZ vs O2 UK

Nik Coughlin

We're getting rogered:

iPhone 8GB price comparison, Vodafone NZ vs O2 UK
http://nrkn.com/iPhone/

Squiggle

Nik Coughlin wrote:
> We're getting rogered:
>
> iPhone 8GB price comparison, Vodafone NZ vs O2 UK
> http://nrkn.com/iPhone/

so protest by not buying one. easy eh?

Nik Coughlin

"Squiggle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nik Coughlin wrote:
>> We're getting rogered:
>>
>> iPhone 8GB price comparison, Vodafone NZ vs O2 UK
>> http://nrkn.com/iPhone/

> so protest by not buying one. easy eh?

I have no intention of buying one

EMB

thingy wrote:
> Squiggle wrote:
>> Nik Coughlin wrote:
>>> We're getting rogered:
>>>
>>> iPhone 8GB price comparison, Vodafone NZ vs O2 UK
>>> http://nrkn.com/iPhone/

>> so protest by not buying one. easy eh?

> yep...however if say Vodafone stop you bringing in your own and using it
> on their network, then that is an issue...

Vodafone (according to their rep who I talked to today) will not allow
*any* iPhone on any plan except the iPhone ones. They are now tracking
what hardware is in use by what SIM and are likely to not support
anything that is identified as an iPhone unless it is on an
"appropriate" plan.

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarweb "EMB" typed:
> thingy wrote:
>> Squiggle wrote:

>>> so protest by not buying one. easy eh?

>> yep...however if say Vodafone stop you bringing in your own and
>> using it on their network, then that is an issue...

> Vodafone (according to their rep who I talked to today) will not allow
> *any* iPhone on any plan except the iPhone ones. They are now
> tracking what hardware is in use by what SIM and are likely to not
> support anything that is identified as an iPhone unless it is on an
> "appropriate" plan.

That on-line petition for pre-pay iPhones that I signed a while back must
have got their attention huh?

Just not in a good way.

(Not that I could afford one this decade anyway.)
--
Shaun.

me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...

David Empson

EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> thingy wrote:
> > Squiggle wrote:

> >> so protest by not buying one. easy eh?

> > yep...however if say Vodafone stop you bringing in your own and using it
> > on their network, then that is an issue...

> Vodafone (according to their rep who I talked to today) will not allow
> *any* iPhone on any plan except the iPhone ones.

That's not what the web site says.

http://www.vodafone.com/iphone/plans.jsp

You can get an iPhone without an "iPhone plan": it will work on You
Choose, with optional Broadband plans if you want mobile data access.

Cheapest possible option (You Choose 20, no data) will cost $20 per
month, $979 up front for the 8 GB iPhone, no contract.

Prepay is not allowed, and the non-broadband data options (e.g. $1 per
day casual rate) don't work.

--
David Empson