Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Which PBX to choose? Avaya or Cisco?

Which PBX to choose? Avaya or Cisco?

Mitel Lurker

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)> Dan24
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>Our telephony uptime is extremely important and we can't afford to
>have it running on a windows server (not that there's anything wrong
>with Windows, just that from my experience computers crash more often
>than dedicated hardware).
>If you want a reliable solution running on Windows that also requires
>purchasing reliable hardware (with redundant components) and putting
>together the hardware+software cost would probably be too expensive.
>Besides, I prefer a company that manufactures both PBX and phones
>since that allows for usage of maximum features and interoperability.

All the more reason to consider MITEL. If you ever find yourself being
forced onto a VOIP platform, there's nothing out there today more stable
or bulletproof than a resilient Mitel MXe-3300. MITEL is also a legacy
PBX manufacturer (not a marketing company like Cisco). MITEL has been
designing PBX systems and telephones since the mid 1980s. The **** simply
works. You couldn't ask for anything better.

- - - - - AND..... it doesn't run on MS Windows

in fact, the very newest MITEL 3300 Communications Director (MCD),
presently in late beta trials, is running on a SUN SunFire X-4150 sever
under Linux. If you're needing a phone system that you could launch into
outer space and have it still working upon return to Earth, you've found
it.

There's still plenty wrong with MS Windows. While I would have to agree
that MS Windows has come a very long way in recent years, it still
requires periodic reboots and *frequent* patch management. That's NOT
where you ever want your phone system to be. If you're in the market for
a dime store or duct tape phone system, there's plenty of them running on
Windows, in all price ranges, from Asterisk to Microsoft OCS.

--
Hooked On Ebonics, Lesson 12: Use the word "hotel" in a sentence.
HOTEL: I gave my ol lady da crabs and da hotel everybody.

flesniewski@gmail.com

On Jul 27, 4:02*pm, Mitel Lurker <wdg@[206.180.145.133] wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed)> Dan24
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> >Our telephony uptime is extremely important and we can't afford to
> >have it running on a windows server (not that there's anything wrong
> >with Windows, just that from my experience computers crash more often
> >than dedicated hardware).
> >If you want a reliable solution running on Windows that also requires
> >purchasing reliable hardware (with redundant components) and putting
> >together the hardware+software cost would probably be too expensive.
> >Besides, I prefer a company that manufactures both PBX and phones
> >since that allows for usage of maximum features and interoperability.

> All the more reason to consider MITEL. If you ever find yourself being
> forced onto a VOIP platform, there's nothing out there today more stable
> or bulletproof than a resilient Mitel MXe-3300. *MITEL is also a legacy
> PBX manufacturer (not a marketing company like Cisco). MITEL has been
> designing PBX systems and telephones since the mid 1980s. The **** simply
> works. You couldn't ask for anything better.
>
> - - - - - AND..... it doesn't run on MS Windows
>
> in fact, the very newest MITEL 3300 Communications Director (MCD),
> presently in late beta trials, is running on a SUN SunFire X-4150 sever
> under Linux. *If you're needing a phone system that you could launch into
> outer space and have it still working upon return to Earth, you've found
> it.
>
> There's still plenty wrong with MS Windows. While I would have to agree
> that MS Windows has come a very long way in recent years, it still
> requires periodic reboots and *frequent* patch management. That's NOT
> where you ever want your phone system to be. *If you're in the market for
> a dime store or duct tape phone system, there's plenty of them running on
> Windows, in all price ranges, from Asterisk to Microsoft OCS.
>
> --
> Hooked On Ebonics, Lesson 12: Use the word "hotel" in a sentence.
> HOTEL: *I gave my ol lady da crabs and da hotel everybody.

> ---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to add (no offense) that in my opinon PBX is a out of date
system. The phone system I have rad the most positive feedback of is
GoHello. It is very user fiendly and the interface I can personally
recommend. Look into this adress I you will find a free try out !

www.gohello.com/12b3

Dan_Roberts Dan_Roberts is offline
Junior Member
Location: New York

Have you considered Hosted VoIP solution.

AVAD Technologies is a Hosted VoIP solution that runs on the Broadsoft platform.

If you would like to find out more about AVAD Technologies, please call (800) 733-4136.

Regards.