Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > procedure flow diagram

procedure flow diagram

Slickuser

Are there any free software that can generate flow diagrams after I
write the C++ code? Thanks.

Michael DOUBEZ

Slickuser a écrit :
> Are there any free software that can generate flow diagrams after I
> write the C++ code? Thanks.

Citation from another thread:
Have you tried google?

I would add sourceforge; I know there is a c++ to UML tool but finding
it is left to the reader.

--
Michael

Slickuser

On Jul 8, 12:01 am, Michael DOUBEZ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Slickusera écrit :> Are there any free software that can generate flow diagrams after I
> > write the C++ code? Thanks.

> Citation from another thread:
> Have you tried google?
>
> I would add sourceforge; I know there is a c++ to UML tool but finding
> it is left to the reader.
>
> --
> Michael

I have tried Google and found a couple that is not FREE. Just wonder,
what you guys use that is free.

AnonMail2005@gmail.com

On Jul 8, 2:28*am, Slickuser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Are there any free software that can generate flow diagrams after I
> write the C++ code? Thanks.

If you are talking about function call graphs? If so, try Doxygen.
Once you get used to it, it can generate various types of graphs
such as include graphs, function call graphs, etc.

HTH

Slickuser

Is it possible for Doxygen to generate a flow/procedure diagram for C+
+?

Something like this?
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9884/flowdy0.jpg

Code:
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int y()
{
int i = 0;
while(i <= 50)
{
i++;
}
return 0;
}

int x()
{
return 1;
}

int x1()
{
return 1;
}

int x2()
{
return 2;
}

int main()
{
int x;

x = 0;
while(x <= 10)
{
int y = 0;
if (x == 0)
{
x();
}
else if(x == 1)
{
x();
y();
}
else
{
x1();
}

// show even only
if (y%2 == 0)
{
x2();
}

x++;
y++;
}

}

Michael DOUBEZ

Slickuser a écrit :
> Is it possible for Doxygen to generate a flow/procedure diagram for C+
> +?
>
> Something like this?

[snip]

AFAIK this is called a static call graph and many tools are available.
Look for "call graph" on wikipedia for a list.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_graph

The usual suspects such as google or sourceforge can also help.

--
Michael

Data Flow Diagram uahmed VHDL 0 07-18-2010 01:48 PM
flow/procedure call Slickuser C++ 1 07-08-2008 03:47 AM
Query:difference between node flow and filter flow in java's I/O,system? Jack Dowson Java 0 05-07-2007 03:35 PM
Re: Diagram - Flow Chart type Component? Lucas Tam ASP .Net 2 12-14-2004 09:08 AM

Advertisments