Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Re: iBGP question.

Re: iBGP question.

John Agosta

As long as you have a route at the existing routers which enables you to
reach the third iBGP neighbor, and that new iBGP neighbor has a route back
to your 2 existing routers,
you can peer up with that new (third) router.

No direct connection, or dedicated facility is needed to do this.
All three routers need to have routes / reachability with each other, that's
all.
And yes, full mesh should be used - or - route reflection.

"Jarek Jarzebowski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 7 Lip, 07:40, "Bartosz Gagat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> If possible- use full mesh. If not -use other techiques- like route
>> reflector or confederation.
>>
>> Bartosz Gagat"Jarek Jarzebowski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message
>>
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> > Hi all,

>> > I have AS and own PI prefixes. I have 2 BGP routers in different
>> > locations (A and B). Router A announces some prefixes and B announces
>> > another prefixes. Between routers A and B is iBGP session (direct
>> > leased link connecting those two routers).

>> > Now I have to launch third location C with another BGP router within
>> > same AS.

>> > Do I have to make full mesh iBGP connections between routers A,B and C
>> > (I mean dedicated direct links) or may I use some other techniques
>> > like tunnels, or whatever, to establish iBGP connections?

>> > Regards,
>> > Jarek

> OK, but is it possible to implement full mesh using tunnels over
> Internet (or iBGB multihop?) or this must be direct link between
> routers?
>
> Jarekj

Merv

It is not clear why one would want to use iBGP to other sites in this
case.

Can understand an IGP via GRE tunnels to reach internal resouces