Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Re: iBGP question.

Re: iBGP question.

Jarek Jarzebowski

On 7 Lip, 07:40, "Bartosz Gagat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> If possible- use full mesh. If not -use other techiques- like route
> reflector or confederation.
>
> Bartosz Gagat"Jarek Jarzebowski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Hi all,

> > I have AS and own PI prefixes. I have 2 BGP routers in different
> > locations (A and B). Router A announces some prefixes and B announces
> > another prefixes. Between routers A and B is iBGP session (direct
> > leased link connecting those two routers).

> > Now I have to launch third location C with another BGP router within
> > same AS.

> > Do I have to make full mesh iBGP connections between routers A,B and C
> > (I mean dedicated direct links) or may I use some other techniques
> > like tunnels, or whatever, to establish iBGP connections?

> > Regards,
> > Jarek

OK, but is it possible to implement full mesh using tunnels over
Internet (or iBGB multihop?) or this must be direct link between
routers?

Jarekj

wali wali is offline
Junior Member

if you traffic will traverse the internet from site to site, you can avoid using GRE or full mesh iBGP by using the allowas-in feature on all them so they can accept routes from each other having the same AS numbers.

let me know if you need more clarification