Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: That slapping mirror

Re: That slapping mirror

Pete D

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Took the plunge and just bought my first DLSR. Could so far afford the
> luxury of using cameras without slapping mirrors (my last camera was a
> Sony R1).
>
> Well, this slapping mirror is really an earthquake. When you press the
> shutter, it makes the entire camera vibrate.
> I'm still awaiting delivery of a 70-300mm lens, but I'm wondering if
> this slapping mirror will compromise sharpness at long focal lengths.
> What is the solution here? Using MLU for every shot can't be an option.

Mmmm, obviously you have never used a film SLR, the modern D-SLRs are much
quieter. You don't get anything for nothing mate, get over it.

Pete D

"Alan Browne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Pete D wrote:
>

>> Mmmm, obviously you have never used a film SLR, the modern D-SLRs are
>> much quieter. You don't get anything for nothing mate, get over it.

> The Elan 7 was well noted for very quiet mirror slap.
>
> My Maxxum 9 woke up dead people on occasion.

My KM is pretty clunky but the trees don't mind too much.

Pete D

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> In article <48713251$0$7211$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
> 01.iinet.net.au>, Pete D says...
>>
>> Mmmm, obviously you have never used a film SLR, the modern D-SLRs are
>> much
>> quieter.

> Perhaps because the mirror in an APS-C DLSR is smaller.
> --

My DS is quite clunky compared to my K10D but still not bad compared to film
KM.