Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > open authentication in WEP

open authentication in WEP

nusr

Much has been mentioned on this topic. But I have just one more question
concerning WEP's open authentication. Its been said that "open" is better
than "shared". In the "open" system setup, how does the key become
vulnerable to the network cracker since the key is not used for making the
client->AP association?