Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > XP SP2 Wireless Diagnostics

XP SP2 Wireless Diagnostics

Dunnies

To attempt to solve my wireless networking connection problems, I enabled the
following trace logs through the CMD prompt:

Wzctrace.log, Eapol.log, Wzcdlg.log, Netman.log, and Netshell.log.

I caputered the information while the wireless was playing up and sent the
logs to Microsoft support and believe it or not Microsoft support cannot
interperate the logs to findout what the problem is!

Does anybody out there, know who can interperate the abovementioned logs.

Cheers

Kevin

Pavel A.

So what is your problem?

--PA

"Dunnies" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> To attempt to solve my wireless networking connection problems, I enabled
> the
> following trace logs through the CMD prompt:
>
> Wzctrace.log, Eapol.log, Wzcdlg.log, Netman.log, and Netshell.log.
>
> I caputered the information while the wireless was playing up and sent the
> logs to Microsoft support and believe it or not Microsoft support cannot
> interperate the logs to findout what the problem is!
>
> Does anybody out there, know who can interperate the abovementioned logs.
>
> Cheers
>
> Kevin

Dunnies

PA,
The wireless connection drops out for no apparent reason. Although, I
can see the nextwork, the computer won't reconnect after it drops. At times
the computer has been on for 5 hours before it drops out and at other times
it won't connect when the computer is started. Sometimes by turning the
router off and on again the computer will reconnect, but not all the time.
The router is a DIR-635 and the adapter is a DWA-547.

Cheers

Kevin

"Pavel A." wrote:

> So what is your problem?
>
> --PA
>

> "Dunnies" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > To attempt to solve my wireless networking connection problems, I enabled
> > the
> > following trace logs through the CMD prompt:
> >
> > Wzctrace.log, Eapol.log, Wzcdlg.log, Netman.log, and Netshell.log.
> >
> > I caputered the information while the wireless was playing up and sent the
> > logs to Microsoft support and believe it or not Microsoft support cannot
> > interperate the logs to findout what the problem is!
> >
> > Does anybody out there, know who can interperate the abovementioned logs.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Kevin

smlunatick

On Jul 7, 10:25*am, Dunnies <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> PA,
> * * *The wireless connection drops out for no apparent reason. * Although, I
> can see the nextwork, the computer won't reconnect after it drops. * At times
> the computer has been on for 5 hours before it drops out and at other times
> it won't connect when the computer is started. * Sometimes by turning the
> router off and on again the computer will reconnect, but not all the time.. *
> The router is a DIR-635 and the adapter is a DWA-547.
>
> Cheers
>
> Kevin
>
> "Pavel A." wrote:
> > So what is your problem?

> > --PA

> > "Dunnies" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > To attempt to solve my wireless networking connection problems, I enabled
> > > the
> > > following trace logs through the CMD prompt:

> > > Wzctrace.log, Eapol.log, Wzcdlg.log, Netman.log, and Netshell.log.

> > > I caputered the information while the wireless was playing up and sent the
> > > logs to Microsoft support and believe it or not Microsoft support cannot
> > > interperate the logs to findout what the problem is!

> > > Does anybody out there, know who can interperate the abovementioned logs.

> > > Cheers

> > > Kevin

Check any / all software firewall settings. I've encountered that
Norton 360 firewall module will block the access point's / router's
SSID until you tell it to "trust" it.