Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > iBGP question.

iBGP question.

Jarek Jarzebowski

Hi all,

I have AS and own PI prefixes. I have 2 BGP routers in different
locations (A and B). Router A announces some prefixes and B announces
another prefixes. Between routers A and B is iBGP session (direct
leased link connecting those two routers).

Now I have to launch third location C with another BGP router within
same AS.

Do I have to make full mesh iBGP connections between routers A,B and C
(I mean dedicated direct links) or may I use some other techniques
like tunnels, or whatever, to establish iBGP connections?

Regards,
Jarek

Jarek Jarzebowski

On 5 Lip, 23:09, Jarek Jarzebowski <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have AS and own PI prefixes. I have 2 BGP routers in different
> locations (A and B). Router A announces some prefixes and B announces
> another prefixes. Between routers A and B is iBGP session (direct
> leased link connecting those two routers).
>
> Now I have to launch third location C with another BGP router within
> same AS.
>
> Do I have to make full mesh iBGP connections between routers A,B and C
> (I mean dedicated direct links) or may I use some other techniques
> like tunnels, or whatever, to establish iBGP connections?
>
> Regards,
> Jarek

I have found there is something like:
neighbour allowas-in
in cisco's BGP configuration.

Now, the question is what is better?:
1. use neighbour allowas-in
2. use iBGP multihop option
3. (if possible) use some tunnel to interconnect routers within the
same AS

Regards,
Jarek

Merv

you need to have a full mesh - for example you could use route
rflection fron either A or B to C

Bartosz Gagat

If possible- use full mesh. If not -use other techiques- like route
reflector or confederation.

Bartosz Gagat
news:(E-Mail Removed)...