Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > C++ Crawlers

C++ Crawlers

disappearedng@gmail.com

Hi
Does anyone here have a good recommendation for an open source crawler
that I could get my hands on? It doesn't have to be C++ based. I am
interested in learning how crawling works. I think python based
crawlers will ensure a high degree of flexibility but at the same time
I am also torn between looking for open source crawlers in python vs C
++ because the latter is much more efficient(or so I heard. I will be
crawling on very cheap hardware.)

I am definitely open to suggestions. Please suggest some names if you
could.

Thx

Rolf Magnus

> Hi
> Does anyone here have a good recommendation for an open source crawler
> that I could get my hands on?

That depends on what "an open source crawler" is. However, your question is
off-topic here, since this newsgroup deals with questions about the C++
language itself. So if you have a specific problem with the language while
implementing or compiling "open source crawler", this would be the right
newsgroup.

red floyd

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
[redacted]

> I am definitely open to suggestions. Please suggest some names if you
> could.

Here's a suggestion -- ask where it's on topic.

C++ as defined by ISO/IEC 14882:2003 doesn't discuss "crawlers"
(whatever the heck they are). The very fact that your post said that
Python-based is acceptable indicates that it's OT here.

umen umen is offline
Junior Member

I have open source project you can use:
http://code.google.com/p/driller-cpp-web-crawler/