Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > New Free, Powerful Image Editor

New Free, Powerful Image Editor

robnelsonxx2@yahoo.com

Hi,

We're just releasing a new, powerful editor for free -- It's called
LightBox, and have some very powerful features, like advanced auto
balance, red-eye removal with face detection, something we call "smart
contrast" that is amazing, and all operations are in 48-bits. It is
extremely fast and fluid, and is basically does for free the same core
functions (and more) as Adobe Elements, be we think we in an easier,
better way for the most part. And it's free.

It's basically an image editor for people who don't like image
editors. It has all of the power and is very easy to use.

We'd love to get some samples from people that we can use to show what
our editor can do. We'll be happy to send the results to you. All
information (and the download) can be found at

http://www.lightboxeditor.com/beta.html

It's completely free. No adware, spyware, never expires. extremely
easy to install and remove, and you can just copy the .exe and give it
to anyone.

Thanks,

Rob Nelson
www.lightboxeditor.com (can be reached at rob@...)
www.lightboxedior.com/beta.html

Hans Kruse

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> We're just releasing a new, powerful editor for free -- It's called
> LightBox, and have some very powerful features, like advanced auto
> balance, red-eye removal with face detection, something we call "smart
> contrast" that is amazing, and all operations are in 48-bits. It is
> extremely fast and fluid, and is basically does for free the same core
> functions (and more) as Adobe Elements, be we think we in an easier,
> better way for the most part. And it's free.
>
> It's basically an image editor for people who don't like image
> editors. It has all of the power and is very easy to use.
>
> We'd love to get some samples from people that we can use to show what
> our editor can do. We'll be happy to send the results to you. All
> information (and the download) can be found at
>

> http://www.lightboxeditor.com/beta.html
>
> It's completely free. No adware, spyware, never expires. extremely
> easy to install and remove, and you can just copy the .exe and give it
> to anyone.

This sounds great and I think that a pixel editor along the lines of the
above would be a very nice addition to Adobe Lightroom. I tried Lightbox and
it has some issues that I have e-mail'ed to you. One issue is to be able to
automatically open a file from Lightroom in Lightbox via the external editor
interface. This doesn't quite work at the moment. The other is color
management which is entirely lacking as far as I can tell.

--
Med venlig hilsen/Kind regards,
Hans Kruse www.hanskruse.com, http://hans-kruse.blogspot.com/

Rob

On Jul 6, 8:55*am, "Hans Kruse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> > Hi,

> > We're just releasing a new, powerful editor for free -- It's called
> > LightBox, and have some very powerful features, like advanced auto
> > balance, red-eye removal with face detection, something we call "smart
> > contrast" that is amazing, and all operations are in 48-bits. *It is
> > extremely fast and fluid, and is basically does for free the same core
> > functions (and more) as Adobe Elements, be we think we in an easier,
> > better way for the most part. *And it's free.

> > It's basically an image editor for people who don't like image
> > editors. *It has all of the power and is very easy to use.

> > We'd love to get some samples from people that we can use to show what
> > our editor can do. *We'll be happy to send the results to you. *All
> > information (and the download) can be found at

> >http://www.lightboxeditor.com/beta.html

> > It's completely free. *No adware, spyware, never expires. extremely
> > easy to install and remove, and you can just copy the .exe and give it
> > to anyone.

> This sounds great and I think that a pixel editor along the lines of the
> above would be a very nice addition to Adobe Lightroom. I tried Lightbox and
> it has some issues that I have e-mail'ed to you. One issue is to be able to
> automatically open a file from Lightroom in Lightbox via the external editor
> interface. This doesn't quite work at the moment. The other is color
> management which is entirely lacking as far as I can tell.
>
> --
> Med venlig hilsen/Kind regards,
> Hans Kruse *http://www.hanskruse.com,http://hans...blogspot.com/- Hide quoted text -

Hi,Hans.

Here's the reply I sent to your e-mail (the parts that pertain to the
usenet message). If more people we're interested, I'd definitely
look into it... :

-->

Hi, Hans.

Thanks for the e-mail. Right now, it doesn't color manage at all. It
was started as a simple editor and then grew into something bigger.
The target audience was originally people who don't really like the
complicated editors and really still is that market. Version 2 was
planned to have the more professional appeal.

Though, I do have a couple comments... The .tiff file should have been
opened upon launch. I will look into this and fix it if I can find
the problem. LightBox should respond to "LightBox <Filename>" or you
can paste in anything from the clipboard, 8-, 24-, 32-, or 48- bits.

With the color management, I am thinking about supporting that, but it
may not be within the scope of the current version.

Thanks for the comments.

Rob