Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless just stops working

Wireless just stops working

David Schwartz

So, we've had our Linksys WRT54G router for a couple of years. A
couple of weeks ago the wireless network just stopped working. This
was true for all of our wireless laptops; the router simply isn't
found when searching. Wired connections still work fine though.

There were no changes in configuration or anything like that at the
time it stopped working. So, is it typical for the wireless network to
just stop working? Is it time for a new router?

TIA,
David

Mark_

I had a Linksys Router that did the same thing about a year ago. Same
problem wired but no wireless. As it turned out the Router had gone bad...

"David Schwartz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> So, we've had our Linksys WRT54G router for a couple of years. A
> couple of weeks ago the wireless network just stopped working. This
> was true for all of our wireless laptops; the router simply isn't
> found when searching. Wired connections still work fine though.
>
> There were no changes in configuration or anything like that at the
> time it stopped working. So, is it typical for the wireless network to
> just stop working? Is it time for a new router?
>
> TIA,
> David

Barb Bowman

Do a factory reset on the router. If the wireless still does not
work and it shows as broadcasting the SSID in the interface AND
you've changed the SSID name AND channel to rule out interference
from neighbors, it is time to replace it.

--

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Do a hard Reset (as suggest above by Barb).
Then think about it in terms like, Yeah, I got a new Wireless router.
I.e., connect with a wire to the device and configure it from scratch, if it
does not work then its time for a new one.
make sure that it is Not your Wireless computer too,
http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).