Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Relocating bookmarks in FF3

Relocating bookmarks in FF3

DavidM

I'm currently using FF2 and have relocated my bookmarks (by changing
the profile) to a NAS drive, so that I can share the bookmarks between
my PC and laptop on the LAN.

I understand that FF3 keeps bookmarks in a different file(s). Is it
possible to have this/these in a different location (i.e. on the NAS
drive)? If so how do I do this please?

Thanks, David

Cawshus

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:g4li4q$5rn$(E-Mail Removed):

> DavidM wrote:
>> I'm currently using FF2 and have relocated my bookmarks (by changing
>> the profile) to a NAS drive, so that I can share the bookmarks
>> between my PC and laptop on the LAN.
>>
>> I understand that FF3 keeps bookmarks in a different file(s). Is it
>> possible to have this/these in a different location (i.e. on the NAS
>> drive)? If so how do I do this please?
>>
>> Thanks, David

> you're right, the bookmarks are in a different file and file
> format. Its now called places.sqlite and so far I haven't
> heard if you can relocated that file or not.

As a victim of very slow FF, I created a new profile. Tried copying
bookmarks.htm across. No go. So:

1) Opened IE7 and imported bookmarks from FF's bookmarks.htm
2) Opened FF and imported from IE7
3) Reorganised bookmarks

All is back to normal.

--
Steve

Due to the volume of garbage I filter out googlegroups. So do many
others. Gmail posters are currently scored down pending troll filter
work.