Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Missing files on CD

Missing files on CD

snapper@mailinator.com

On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 13:11:51 +0100, "John Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi, During vacation had pics from camera memory chip put onto CD...now home
> and find only the first 100 of the 400 pics are on the CD.
> Is there a possibility the missing 300 pics could be on the CD but I'm just
> not able to view them in the normal way....and if so how to locate and view
> them?
> Thanks. J

They may have burnt the CD as a multisession disk. Get hold of a shareware program called CD&DVD Analyze.

http://www.download.com/CD-DVD-Analy...-10552305.html

Blinky the Shark

Irwell wrote:

> On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 12:38:12 -0700, Blinky the Shark wrote:
>
>> John Brown wrote:
>>

>>> "Blinky the Shark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news(E-Mail Removed) ynet.net...

>>> ========
>>> I mean card - ref how many chips on the card don't know.

>> It's not important to know how many. I was just pointing out that a
>> card is not a chip, the same way a car is not a tire.

> But Blinky is a bore. Netnanny somewhere else.

You grossly misspelled, "Thanks for helping someone understand the
hardware he is using a little better -- in only three lines, with no
personal attacks."

--
Blinky
Is your ISP dropping Usenet?

John Brown

"dwight" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> "John Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:g4l42d$qfr$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi, During vacation had pics from camera memory chip put onto CD...now
>> home and find only the first 100 of the 400 pics are on the CD.
>> Is there a possibility the missing 300 pics could be on the CD but I'm
>> just not able to view them in the normal way....and if so how to locate
>> and view them?
>> Thanks. J

> I use a 2gigabyte card in my camera. If it was full, it would take three
> CD-ROMs to copy out the contents.
>
> I don't know what camera or settings you're using. My own images (as JPG,
> not RAW) average around 3MB each. At most, I would get around 225 on a CD.
>
> Is it possible that only the first 100 would even FIT on your CD?
>
> dwight

-----------------------------------
No, mine average about 1 mb/jpg file..plenty of space remaining.

jimbok

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 01:12:55 +0100, "John Brown"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"dwight" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> "John Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:g4l42d$qfr$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi, During vacation had pics from camera memory chip put onto CD...now
>>> home and find only the first 100 of the 400 pics are on the CD.
>>> Is there a possibility the missing 300 pics could be on the CD but I'm
>>> just not able to view them in the normal way....and if so how to locate
>>> and view them?
>>> Thanks. J

You might try placing the CD in its drive, opening Windows Explorer
(assuming you are running Windows), then right clicking on the CD's
drive letter and select "Properties" from the pop up context menu. If
an additional folder was created on the CD, then right click on it and
select "Properties." In one case or the other the total number of
files (pics) will be given as will any sub folders that were created
and the total file space occupied on the CD.
If properties indicates there are more than the 100 viewable files
(pics) then the remainder of the files should be available in the
subfolders listed. If Properties only indicates that 100 files are
available on the CD, then the missing pics were not burned to the CD.

jimbok