Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: Crystal Reports .Net - I receive a 'free license could not be obtained' error when deploying my .net app

Re: Crystal Reports .Net - I receive a 'free license could not be obtained' error when deploying my .net app

Carl Prothman [MVP]

"Zaki" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> Crystal Reports .Net - I receive a 'free license could not be
> obtained' error when deploying my .net app
> The full text of the error is:
> A Crystal Reports job failed because a free license could not be
> obtained in the time allocated. More licenses can be purchased direct
> from Crystal Decisions or through the Crystal Decisions Online Store.

Zaki,
Make sure to read the following article:

Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET - Application Deployment
http://support.crystaldecisions.com/...deployment.pdf

--

Thanks,
Carl Prothman

Zaki Agha

Thanks for you speedy reply.
I did read thru that article a few times, although it was helpfull in
resolving previous errors I could not resolve this one.

Carl Prothman [MVP]

"Zaki Agha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> Thanks for you speedy reply.
> I did read thru that article a few times, although it was helpfull in
> resolving previous errors I could not resolve this one.

Zaki
A quick search using http://www.google.com for that error message found:

Err Msg: "... job failed because a free license could not be obtained..."
http://support.crystaldecisions.com/...s/c2012716.asp

This error message appears when one of the following scenarios occur:
A) The incorrect keycode was used in the license key property of the
License.msm merge modules. To resolve, deploy the application again
and enter the correct keycode.

B) The incorrect registration and keycode values are used when registering
Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET (CR for VS .NET). To resolve,
go to http://support.crystaldecisions.com/downloads and download:
crnet_keycodefix.zip