Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > College Credit for MCSE Classes?

College Credit for MCSE Classes?

Doc Wally

Like many of here, I suspect, I have spent well over 500 hours in Microsoft
Official Curriculum classrooms.

I am looking to get college credit for all of these classes but dealing with
ACE (the American Council on Education) has been pretty fruitless.

Aside from the college you are applying to itself, does anyone know of ways
to get credit for these classes? It would be a very sad statement to think
that someone can get college credit for a baking class vs. say something like
administering Exchange Servers.

Regards and thanks,

Doc Wally

Dude

I looked into this before. Some colleges do offer credit for Microsoft
exams. When I followed the links on their websites, I still had to email the
collage admissions office. I don't remember the college that I contacted,
but they said you could get 1 semester hour for certain Microsoft exams as
elective credit. I guess Microsoft training and exams are not accredited by
the US Department of Education.

"Doc Wally" wrote:

> Like many of here, I suspect, I have spent well over 500 hours in Microsoft
> Official Curriculum classrooms.
>
> I am looking to get college credit for all of these classes but dealing with
> ACE (the American Council on Education) has been pretty fruitless.
>
> Aside from the college you are applying to itself, does anyone know of ways
> to get credit for these classes? It would be a very sad statement to think
> that someone can get college credit for a baking class vs. say something like
> administering Exchange Servers.
>
> Regards and thanks,
>
> Doc Wally

Kline Sphere

>Like many of here, I suspect, I have spent well over 500 hours in Microsoft
>Official Curriculum classrooms.

congrats

>I am looking to get college credit for all of these classes but dealing with
>ACE (the American Council on Education) has been pretty fruitless.

a college credit for doing the 'Microsoft Official Curriculum', now
that really made me laugh.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Jeanne

I have found it depends on the college. Excelsior college will transfer
several Microsoft classes as well as Cisco, Oracle, etc. Check out the
following website
https://www.excelsior.edu/Excelsior_...ICATION_CREDIT
I'm trying to find out if Phoenix University will accept credit but their
website is not as helpful.
Hope this helps.

"Doc Wally" wrote:

> Like many of here, I suspect, I have spent well over 500 hours in Microsoft
> Official Curriculum classrooms.
>
> I am looking to get college credit for all of these classes but dealing with
> ACE (the American Council on Education) has been pretty fruitless.
>
> Aside from the college you are applying to itself, does anyone know of ways
> to get credit for these classes? It would be a very sad statement to think
> that someone can get college credit for a baking class vs. say something like
> administering Exchange Servers.
>
> Regards and thanks,
>
> Doc Wally

Dude

I think Excelsior College was the same one I contacted. They'll give you
credit, but not much. Maybe 1 semster hour per exam, if you are lucky.
Check the transfer fees before you do it though. It might not be worth it.
These probably just elective credits anyways. Excelsior didn't seem very
helpful, even though this was in big print in one of their magazine ads.