Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Writing into the Pickup directory

Writing into the Pickup directory

carmelo

Hi,
I created an ASP page for sending email messages. I'd like to write
these messages directly into the C:\Inetpub\mailroot\Pickup directory.
The problem is that when the IIS SMTP is active writing is not
possible... How can I do?

Thank you very much in advance
Carmelo

carmelo

I discovered that the problem was not about writing when the IIS SMTP
is active... The problem seems to be due to a limit on the length of
text data I'm trying to post to the ASP page...

Have you got any suggestion to avoid long text data post limits ?

Thank you again
Carmelo

Fred

Dans :
news:(E-Mail Removed),
carmelo écrivait :
> I discovered that the problem was not about writing when the IIS SMTP
> is active... The problem seems to be due to a limit on the length of
> text data I'm trying to post to the ASP page...
>
> Have you got any suggestion to avoid long text data post limits ?

Add an httpRuntime element in the system.web element of your web.config
<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="your value in kilobytes" />

Your can also use it inside a location element to limit the effect to a
specific page ...

--
Fred