Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > getting results from a jdialog

getting results from a jdialog

rabbithole rabbithole is offline
Junior Member

Hi guys,

I have a jframe with (among other things) a button: when clicking on this button, a jdialog pops up with a combobox and a button (to confirm selection).

When pressing on the button in the jframe, this happens:
Code:
JDialog choose = new JDialog();
JComboBox cmbSubject = new JComboBox();
JButton btnConfirm = new JButton();
choose.add(cmbSubject);
choose.add(btnConfirm);
choose.setVisible(true);
How can I get the selected Object from the combobox back to the original jframe? I can't figure this out

Getting data from a JDialog zelao.itu@gmail.com Java 2 01-16-2007 02:24 PM
JInternalFrame with JDialog cccc Java 0 12-02-2003 10:34 AM
JDialog Box with Minimize option Disabled venky Java 1 11-13-2003 07:54 PM
Controlling where JDialog opens Larry Coon Java 3 10-24-2003 07:21 AM
Re: JDialog in taskbar under Linux Alexandr Molochnikov Java 0 07-31-2003 12:24 AM

Advertisments