Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Best freeware windows program to harvest all Exif metadata

Best freeware windows program to harvest all Exif metadata

David Remley Photography

It would be nice to have a thread just on the best Windows freeware program
to harvest all Exif metadata contained in a digital photograph.

The criteria for this list would be
A) Windows GUI
B) Freeware license
C) JPEG input
D) Exif output

Whichever program harvests the MOST Exif data wins!

I nominate, for consideration by the group, Exif Harvester
http://forrestcroce.com/Software/ExifHarvester.html

Exif Harvester is pretty simple to use - you drag-and-drop ( or just open )
files and folders, then it'll read the most important exif data, like the
shutter speed, aperture and ISO sensativity level, what program mode ( Av,
Tv, M, P ) you used and whether there was any exposure compensation, and
the focal length.

Exif Harvester freeware writes this out as csv, xml, or html, so you can
analyze your shooting habits in Excel, Access, or whatever you're
comfortable with.

What other Exif output windows freeware should we consider as the best?

nospam

In article <CF0bk.10974$(E-Mail Removed)>, David Remley
Photography <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> It would be nice to have a thread just on the best Windows freeware program
> to harvest all Exif metadata contained in a digital photograph.
>
> The criteria for this list would be
> A) Windows GUI
> B) Freeware license
> C) JPEG input
> D) Exif output
>
> Whichever program harvests the MOST Exif data wins!

without a doubt, exiftool and someone wrote a windows gui front end for
it.

> I nominate, for consideration by the group, Exif Harvester
> http://forrestcroce.com/Software/ExifHarvester.html

you might want to check it before nominating it, because that reaches a
suspended account.

Susan

On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 02:28:03 -0700, nospam wrote:

>> I nominate, for consideration by the group, Exif Harvester
>> http://forrestcroce.com/Software/ExifHarvester.html

> you might want to check it before nominating it, because that reaches a
> suspended account.

The download worked for me but the install failed to do anything.
Maybe I just don't know how to use the ExifHarvestor program correctly?