Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > nero stuck in add and remove programs

nero stuck in add and remove programs

Rob

I have an old version of nero that has been removed from my xp 64 bit os, and
it is still in the add and remove program list, I tried the nero clean tool,
and looking in the regedit to find the entry, but could not find it. Anyone
know how to manualy remove programs from the add and remove prgram list in
window xp pro 64 bit?

Maratonmannen

Have you checked this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

--
Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro
Core™ 2 Extreme X6800

"Rob" wrote:

> I have an old version of nero that has been removed from my xp 64 bit os, and
> it is still in the add and remove program list, I tried the nero clean tool,
> and looking in the regedit to find the entry, but could not find it. Anyone
> know how to manualy remove programs from the add and remove prgram list in
> window xp pro 64 bit?

Rob

Yes I have check there, and could not find anything that said nero, or ahead

"Maratonmannen" wrote:

> Have you checked this key:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
>
> --
> Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro
> Core™ 2 Extreme X6800
> VelociRaptor 2x300 GB
> 8GB DDR2 800MHz
> GeForce 8800GTX
> Eizo 30"
> Enermax 1000W 75A@+12V
> LAN 100/100
> XP x64 SP2 dualboot Vista x64 SP1 (slipstreamed)
>

> "Rob" wrote:
>
> > I have an old version of nero that has been removed from my xp 64 bit os, and
> > it is still in the add and remove program list, I tried the nero clean tool,
> > and looking in the regedit to find the entry, but could not find it. Anyone
> > know how to manualy remove programs from the add and remove prgram list in
> > window xp pro 64 bit?

Rob

I only saw on versoin there, I am guessing that I would see two, the one I
have installed, and the old one. Maybe if I uninstall nero, and look again,
and remove it from this list is it there, and then start over.
"Maratonmannen" wrote:

> Have you checked this key:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
>
> --
> Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro
> Core™ 2 Extreme X6800
> VelociRaptor 2x300 GB
> 8GB DDR2 800MHz
> GeForce 8800GTX
> Eizo 30"
> Enermax 1000W 75A@+12V
> LAN 100/100
> XP x64 SP2 dualboot Vista x64 SP1 (slipstreamed)
>

> "Rob" wrote:
>
> > I have an old version of nero that has been removed from my xp 64 bit os, and
> > it is still in the add and remove program list, I tried the nero clean tool,
> > and looking in the regedit to find the entry, but could not find it. Anyone
> > know how to manualy remove programs from the add and remove prgram list in
> > window xp pro 64 bit?

Carlos

Hi,
Click on the program (Nero in this case) you want to uninstall.
Windows will not find the uninstall script and will offer you to delete that
entry from the "Remove Programs" list.
Accept and it will be gone.
Carlos

"Rob" wrote:

> I only saw on versoin there, I am guessing that I would see two, the one I
> have installed, and the old one. Maybe if I uninstall nero, and look again,
> and remove it from this list is it there, and then start over.
> "Maratonmannen" wrote:
>
> > Have you checked this key:
> >
> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
> >
> > --
> > Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro
> > Core™ 2 Extreme X6800
> > VelociRaptor 2x300 GB
> > 8GB DDR2 800MHz
> > GeForce 8800GTX
> > Eizo 30"
> > Enermax 1000W 75A@+12V
> > LAN 100/100
> > XP x64 SP2 dualboot Vista x64 SP1 (slipstreamed)
> >

> > "Rob" wrote:
> >
> > > I have an old version of nero that has been removed from my xp 64 bit os, and
> > > it is still in the add and remove program list, I tried the nero clean tool,
> > > and looking in the regedit to find the entry, but could not find it. Anyone
> > > know how to manualy remove programs from the add and remove prgram list in
> > > window xp pro 64 bit?

Jim

Nero Essentials 7 is NOT compatible with XP64 even though it can burn CD's
under that OS..

After installing Nero, the XP64 behaved rather abruptly and I noticed that
it entered over 700 entries to the registry of XP64, which contaminated the
whole OS and I had to remove it from the hard drive. XP32 is the best and
most reliable OS and I find it rather disturbing that Microsoft is trying to
cover it up with such unreliable products as XP64, and both Vista flavors

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have an old version of nero that has been removed from my xp 64 bit os,
>and
> it is still in the add and remove program list, I tried the nero clean
> tool,
> and looking in the regedit to find the entry, but could not find it.
> Anyone
> know how to manualy remove programs from the add and remove prgram list in
> window xp pro 64 bit?

Mick Murphy

If you still have the old Nero disk, try reinstall.
Nero gives you the choice of Repair, install, or uninstall when the Drive
opens the disk. Radio button:uninstall/remove

OR, open windows Explorer>C: drive> Program files and/or Common files, and
manually delete Nero.
Open the Neero folder, and right-click delete one file at a time, as a
couple won't allow delete, I think!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Rob" wrote:

> I have an old version of nero that has been removed from my xp 64 bit os, and
> it is still in the add and remove program list, I tried the nero clean tool,
> and looking in the regedit to find the entry, but could not find it. Anyone
> know how to manualy remove programs from the add and remove prgram list in
> window xp pro 64 bit?

Jeff Gaines

On 06/07/2008 in message <(E-Mail Removed)> Jim wrote:

>XP32 is the best and most reliable OS and I find it rather disturbing that
>Microsoft is trying to cover it up with such unreliable products as XP64,
>and both Vista flavors

64 bit operating systems are the future but they do need 64 bit drivers,
it's important to see if the drivers for your h/w exist before you install
a 64 bit OS. Most 32 bit apps run OK (but not 16 bit apps or 32 bit apps
with 16 bit installers). I think what catches some people is they install
apps but don't realise those apps have in-built drivers, if those drivers
are 32 bit then the app won't run.

The appearance of Vista 64 and MSFT's requirement that Vista certification
means 32 AND 64 bit Vista means that the supply of 64 bit drivers has
increased and will become the norm in future.

For now people using 64 bit XP or Vista either have a special need for
something that the 32 bit versions don't offer or they just enjoy being on
the leading edge

--
Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day.