Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Struts

Struts

Jude

hi ppl, i wanna learn struts. what are the materials u would prefer.
thanks

RedGrittyBrick

Jude wrote:
> hi ppl, i wanna learn struts. what are the materials u would prefer.
> thanks

O HAI http://struts.apache.org/#Newbies WANT?

KTHXBAI

--
RGB

Arne Vajh°j

Jude wrote:
> hi ppl, i wanna learn struts. what are the materials u would prefer.

If just need to learn *a* Java web technology, then I would recommend
JSF over Struts (actually I like the Struts approach more, but the
industry direction is towards JSF).

But let us assume that you need to learn Struts - there are a
ton of Struts web apps out there that need to be enhanced and where
converting to JSF is not an option.

First you must realize that being good at Struts requires you
to learn a lot. You need to understand: Java, a servlet engine,
Struts, view technology (JSP or other). This is a many months
project.

You should probably start with a book. I have:
Struts in Action / Ted Husted, Cedric Dumoulin, George Franciscus,
David Winterfeldt
but maybe there are better books.

Arne