Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > There goes 3/4 of the people on this newsgroup

There goes 3/4 of the people on this newsgroup

Cynicor

http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_9732641

Hundreds of police, firefighters, paramedics and even utility workers
have been trained and recently dispatched as "Terrorism Liaison
Officers" in Colorado and a handful of other states to hunt for
"suspicious activity" and are reporting their findings into secret
government databases.

.. . .

"Suspicious activity" is broadly defined in TLO training as behavior
that could lead to terrorism: taking photos of no apparent aesthetic
value. . . .

Paul Heslop

glenzabr@nospam, GMAN wrote:

> In article <486c0c29$0$11630$(E-Mail Removed)>, Cynicor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_9732641
> >
> >Hundreds of police, firefighters, paramedics and even utility workers
> >have been trained and recently dispatched as "Terrorism Liaison
> >Officers" in Colorado and a handful of other states to hunt for
> >"suspicious activity" and are reporting their findings into secret
> >government databases.
> >
> >.. . .
> >
> >"Suspicious activity" is broadly defined in TLO training as behavior
> >that could lead to terrorism: taking photos of no apparent aesthetic
> >value. . . .

> What do you expect. Colorado is full of queer liberla commies!

wossa liberla?

:O)
--
Paul (We won't die of devotion)
Stop and Look

Netmask

"Cynicor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:486c0c29$0$11630$(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_9732641
>
> Hundreds of police, firefighters, paramedics and even utility workers have
> been trained and recently dispatched as "Terrorism Liaison Officers" in
> Colorado and a handful of other states to hunt for "suspicious activity"
> and are reporting their findings into secret government databases.
>
> . . .
>
> "Suspicious activity" is broadly defined in TLO training as behavior that
> could lead to terrorism: taking photos of no apparent aesthetic value. . .
> .

Cry Witch!!

Sounds like a group of conservative dorks dreaming of the good old "reds
under the bed" mentality of the 1950's

I liked the comment about the stealing of copper being a possible terrorist
threat - more likely it's the high price of scrap copper driving common
criminals to make a buck - the simple answer is generally the correct
answer. Stealing phone lines for the copper is a world wide phenomena for
criminals from India to outback Australia.

The paranoia regarding alleged threats is really sad as it is sapping
national confidence to get on with life so in a funny way 'they' are
scoring.. very sad

Gerrit

"Netmask" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:CwUak.16648$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Cynicor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:486c0c29$0$11630$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_9732641
>>
>> Hundreds of police, firefighters, paramedics and even utility workers
>> have been trained and recently dispatched as "Terrorism Liaison Officers"
>> in Colorado and a handful of other states to hunt for "suspicious
>> activity" - and are reporting their findings into secret government
>> databases.
>>
>> . . .
>>
>> "Suspicious activity" is broadly defined in TLO training as behavior that
>> could lead to terrorism: taking photos of no apparent aesthetic value. .
>> . .

> Cry Witch!!
>
> Sounds like a group of conservative dorks dreaming of the good old "reds
> under the bed" mentality of the 1950's
>
> I liked the comment about the stealing of copper being a possible
> terrorist threat - more likely it's the high price of scrap copper driving
> common criminals to make a buck - the simple answer is generally the
> correct answer. Stealing phone lines for the copper is a world wide
> phenomena for criminals from India to outback Australia.
>
> The paranoia regarding alleged threats is really sad as it is sapping
> national confidence to get on with life so in a funny way 'they' are
> scoring.. very sad

I suppose stealing diesel fuel falls under the same category as it can be
used to make explosives!

Can you use used deep-fry fat for that purpose as well - I gather that is
being stolen now too?

Gerrit - Oz

Blinky the Shark

Netmask wrote:

> I liked the comment about the stealing of copper being a possible terrorist
> threat - more likely it's the high price of scrap copper driving common
> criminals to make a buck - the simple answer is generally the correct
> answer. Stealing phone lines for the copper is a world wide phenomena for
> criminals from India to outback Australia.

And it's also culling some of the evolutionarily challenged; I think
the electrocuted perpetrators of would-be copper capers don't even
raise an eyebrow at The Darwin Awards, any more.

--
Blinky
Is your ISP dropping Usenet?

Paul Furman

glenzabr@nospam, GMAN wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Paul Heslop <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >glenzabr@nospam, GMAN wrote:
> >> =

> >> What do you expect. Colorado is full of queer liberla commies!

> >wossa liberla?
> >
> > :O)
> >-- =
> >

> LOL, my keyboard is haunted. I was just joking!!!!!!!!!

I guessed, though I have seen some remarkably similar utterances from
real fruitbats :O)

--
Paul (We won't die of devotion)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

ASAAR

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 16:50:32 +0200, Alfred Molon feverishly wrote:

>> The paranoia regarding alleged threats is really sad as it is sapping
>> national confidence to get on with life so in a funny way 'they' are
>> scoring.. very sad

> It seems that OBL was very successful to create this paranoia climate
> and to drive up oil prices.

Amazing. I wouldn't have guessed that he was a partner of, and a
useful tool of the Bush/Saudi Prince cabal.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...282652811.html