Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > 64-bit Cisco VPN Client

64-bit Cisco VPN Client

Charlie Russel - MVP

good to know that there's a native 64-bit solution. Several folks have used
virtual machines running 32-bit versions of Windows to connect using the
native Cisco client and have reported that works well.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

"Eric Seymour" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Another suggestion-
> I found post by Joe Harris (author of Cisco Network Security, Little Black
> Book), and unfortunately Cisco isn't going to help us out, he makes the
> recommendation of NCPs secure entry client, check out his blog:
> http://tinyurl.com/5nb7ba
>
> September 12th, 2008 . Related . Filed Under
> Filed Under: Security
>
> You may have noticed that the Cisco IPSec VPN Client does not currently
> support 64-bit Operating Systems nor will it. If you have a need for an
> IPSec Client that does have 64-bit OS support, NCP Secure Communications
> has a Universal VPN Client that is 64 Bit compatible and will even
> import/convert your existing .pcf profiles for a seemless migration to a
> 64-bit client. More information regarding their products can be found by
> visiting their products page as well as specific configuration information
> related to configuring their client with Cisco products is found here: NCP
> to Cisco Config Guide
>
> NCP engineering is recommended and this looks like the most recent data
> sheet (second page is the detail): http://tinyurl.com/6rjqmv

Jeff Haferman

There is also shrewsoft
http://www.shrew.net/

I was not able to get it to work on XP64, though others have reported
success. Best of all it is free, if you can get it to work.