Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > how to prevent a page refresh to behave like a submit postback?

how to prevent a page refresh to behave like a submit postback?

Carlos

Hi all,

I need to know how to prevent to repeat the operations
that happen when the submit button is clicked, when the
page is refreshed.

I noticed that if I refresh my page after the submit button is clicked,
the event is again activated even though I just refreshed the page,
did not push the button again..

Thanks,

Carlos.

Hans Kesting

on 2-7-2008, Carlos supposed :
> Hi all,
>
> I need to know how to prevent to repeat the operations
> that happen when the submit button is clicked, when the
> page is refreshed.
>
> I noticed that if I refresh my page after the submit button is clicked,
> the event is again activated even though I just refreshed the page,
> did not push the button again..
>
> Thanks,
>
> Carlos.

What I sometimes use is this: after the submit action has completed,
issue a redirect to the (same) page. This will force an extra
roundtrip, but the browser "forgets" about that post-action (the
submit).

Hans Kesting

Carlos

Thank you so much Hans for your prompt reply.

Carlos.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...