Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Congratulations

Congratulations

Jane C

Congrats Colin

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Our Colin was just re-awarded as an MVP. He had a short break from it, but
> he's back, and I think he well deserves it. (and yes, if you've been
> paying attention, you'll have noticed the little MVP bug on his posts
> showed up a few days early. But it wasn't official until today.)
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
MVP - Windows Desktop Experience

Jane C

Carlos, your English is superb

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
MVP - Windows Desktop Experience

Colin Barnhorst

Thanks, Jane.

I was absolutely stunned by the news! Coulda knocked me over with a floppy.

"Jane C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Congrats Colin

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Our Colin was just re-awarded as an MVP. He had a short break from it,
>> but he's back, and I think he well deserves it. (and yes, if you've been
>> paying attention, you'll have noticed the little MVP bug on his posts
>> showed up a few days early. But it wasn't official until today.)
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation
> MVP - Windows Desktop Experience

R. C. White

Hi, Charlie.

> If you do, you see posts from MVPs with a little "MVP" logo in blue and
> white next to our names.

Maybe. I always use WLM. SOMETIMES I see the MVP logo beside my name - or
yours - but usually I don't.

For example, even in this thread, I see the logo just twice so far: beside
your original post and Colin's first response. NOT beside my earlier post.
And not beside this latest post of yours, to which I am responding.

Oh, 3 new posts in this thread just appeared, 2 from Jane C and one from
Colin. Jane's first and Colin's posts have the logo; Jane's second post
does not.

There are many other more-important issues here, so I'm not going to worry
about this one. But it is curious!

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You have to either come in through the web interface, or use a "metadata
> aware" NNTP client. Which basically means Windows Mail in Vista or Server
> 2k8. If you do, you see posts from MVPs with a little "MVP" logo in blue
> and white next to our names.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Yes indeed, well deserved! But those 'bugs', I did see you made a
>> reference
>> to them, and I could guess what it was all about but I couldn't really
>> see
>> anything. Just the post itself and the usual things of the protocol. Hmm?
>>

>> Tony. . .

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Our Colin was just re-awarded as an MVP. He had a short break from it,
>>> but
>>> he's back, and I think he well deserves it. (and yes, if you've been

>> paying
>>> attention, you'll have noticed the little MVP bug on his posts showed up
>>> few days early. But it wasn't official until today.)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Charlie.

Katy Pluta

>Our Colin was just re-awarded as an MVP. He had a short break from it, but
>he's back, and I think he well deserves it. (and yes, if you've been paying
>attention, you'll have noticed the little MVP bug on his posts showed up a
>few days early. But it wasn't official until today.)

Congrats Colin!

Jim

On Jul 1, 4:39*pm, "Colin Barnhorst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hey, thanks guys! *I guess somebody figured out I was going keep bugging
> you, MVP or not, so they just decided "what the heck." *
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in messagenews:(E-Mail Removed)...

Congratulations Colin!

Jim

Charlie Russel - MVP

Correct, it's very inconsistent. I find if I've had Winmail open for a long
time, it stops being able to log me in to get "community features". Which is
what happened last night when I posted my reply to Tony's message. But yours
to me has the bug, and this to you should have it, since I'm showing as
connected.

It's not a reliable indicator, unfortunately, because it's so inconsistent.
If you see it, then it's a definite. But if you don't see it, it doesn't
mean anything about who posted it.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

"R. C. White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, Charlie.
>
>> If you do, you see posts from MVPs with a little "MVP" logo in blue and
>> white next to our names.

> Maybe. I always use WLM. SOMETIMES I see the MVP logo beside my name -
> or yours - but usually I don't.
>
> For example, even in this thread, I see the logo just twice so far:
> beside your original post and Colin's first response. NOT beside my
> earlier post. And not beside this latest post of yours, to which I am
> responding.
>
> Oh, 3 new posts in this thread just appeared, 2 from Jane C and one from
> Colin. Jane's first and Colin's posts have the logo; Jane's second post
> does not.
>
> There are many other more-important issues here, so I'm not going to worry
> about this one. But it is curious!
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> (E-Mail Removed)
> Microsoft Windows MVP
> (Running Windows Live Mail 2008 in Vista Ultimate x64 SP1)

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> You have to either come in through the web interface, or use a "metadata
>> aware" NNTP client. Which basically means Windows Mail in Vista or Server
>> 2k8. If you do, you see posts from MVPs with a little "MVP" logo in blue
>> and white next to our names.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
>>
>> "Tony Sperling" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Yes indeed, well deserved! But those 'bugs', I did see you made a
>>> reference
>>> to them, and I could guess what it was all about but I couldn't really
>>> see
>>> anything. Just the post itself and the usual things of the protocol.
>>> Hmm?
>>>

>>> Tony. . .
>>>

>>> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> paying

Charlie Russel - MVP

Indeed. And way better than my Spanish. (or, now that I live in a country
with two official languages, my French.) I'm a hopeless monoglot and not at
all proud of it.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

"Jane C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Carlos, your English is superb

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I wish my English were better in order to express how happy - and proud -
>> feel that Colin has been re-awarded.
>> Would "Kudos to Colin" apply in this case?
>> Carlos
>>

> --
> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation
> MVP - Windows Desktop Experience

Carlos

Am I really flattered by Jane and Charlie today!
Thanks guys.

Carlos