Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > WinRar

WinRar

Denise

Hi,

I just tried to install WinRar but received this message:

"An unexpected error is preventing the operation. Make a note of this error
code, which might be useful if you get additional help to resolve this
problem: 0x80004005

Bobby Johnson

Did you know you can go to www.microsoft.com and enter your
error code in the search box at the upper right side of the
page then press <Enter> or click on the little spyglass icon
on the right and you will be rewarded with links to
information from the Microsoft Knowledge Base that you may
peruse and see what is most applicable to your particular
situation along with recommended solutions.

Try it, you may like it!

Denise wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried to install WinRar but received this message:
>
> "An unexpected error is preventing the operation. Make a note of this error
> code, which might be useful if you get additional help to resolve this
> problem: 0x80004005

Denise

No, I didn't know that but thanks for the tip.
--
Denise

"Bobby Johnson" wrote:

> Did you know you can go to www.microsoft.com and enter your
> error code in the search box at the upper right side of the
> page then press <Enter> or click on the little spyglass icon
> on the right and you will be rewarded with links to
> information from the Microsoft Knowledge Base that you may
> peruse and see what is most applicable to your particular
> situation along with recommended solutions.
>
> Try it, you may like it!
>

> Denise wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just tried to install WinRar but received this message:
> >
> > "An unexpected error is preventing the operation. Make a note of this error
> > code, which might be useful if you get additional help to resolve this
> > problem: 0x80004005

thecreator

Hi Denise,

The latest version of WinRar is 3.71.

Download from here: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

--
thecreator

"Denise" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I just tried to install WinRar but received this message:
>
> "An unexpected error is preventing the operation. Make a note of this
> error
> code, which might be useful if you get additional help to resolve this
> problem: 0x80004005

How Can I Open or Extract CAB files That Doesn't Open w/WinZip, WinRAR nor the Windows CAB viewer? NoLikey Spam Computer Support 5 12-17-2003 11:12 PM
Winrar / archiving question Gabe Computer Support 1 11-30-2003 07:57 PM
winrar files dog Computer Support 2 07-23-2003 01:36 AM
Re: winrar problem? Shepİ Computer Support 0 07-10-2003 07:03 PM
Re: winrar question paul s Computer Support 0 07-01-2003 11:56 AM

Advertisments