Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Router & Wired Access Point Question

Wireless Router & Wired Access Point Question

rjfink@gmail.com

I have two buildings that are connected to each other via fiber. In
building 1 I have a wireless router. In the second building I want to
connect a wireless access point via cat5. Is there a way to make
both wireless networks have the same broadcast name and share the same
security settings? I want the users to be able to go back and forth
without changing networks.

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

It depends on the wireless router and AP model. In my company, we have Cisco
1200 and 1300 wireless APs in 5 buildings All of tem using the same SSID and
same domain authentication.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have two buildings that are connected to each other via fiber. In
> building 1 I have a wireless router. In the second building I want to
> connect a wireless access point via cat5. Is there a way to make
> both wireless networks have the same broadcast name and share the same
> security settings? I want the users to be able to go back and forth
> without changing networks.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
It should not be a problem. It might work better if you assign to the
Wireless Router/AP different channel in each location.
Jack (MVP-Networking).