Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Re: -> Using Ethernet AND WiFi at the same time? <-

Re: -> Using Ethernet AND WiFi at the same time? <-

Phillip Windell

You're just not supposed to run two Nics on the same subnet at the same
time. Disable or disconnect the one you aren't using.

As a side note it is all Ethernet. The only thing the wireless does is
replace the cable, that's it. Running both the wireless and the wired on
the same network at the same time is the same thing as if you ran two cabled
Nics on the same network at the same time (which you aren't supposed to do
either).

--
Phillip Windell
www.wandtv.com

"Steve JORDI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I'd like to know if there is a way to tell some application to use the
> WiFi TCP/IP instead of the Ethernet one.
>
> My PC has both cards and I'd like to have most software use the
> default Ethernet TCP/IP connections, but for example, tell Outlook and
> my news reader to use the TCP connection of the WiFi card instead.
> Without disrupting Ethernet...
>
> I imagine that it should be possible with tunneling or something
> similar?
>
> Are they any utilities, drivers or software achieving such a thing?
>
> For now, I "ipconfig release" my Ethernet board to let the
> applications switch to the WiFi connection and then "ipconfig renew"
> it to switch back to my Ethernet board.
>
> But I'd like both at the same time, concurrently. Possible?
>
> Thanks for any help
>

> Sincerely,
> Steve JORDI
>
> (Remove the K_I_L_LSPAM from my email address)
> 1197 Prangins Email: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
> Switzerland WWW: www.sjordi.com
> Volcanoes at www.sjordi.com/volcanoes
> MovieDB at www.sjmoviedb.com

MarkSatterfield MarkSatterfield is offline
Member
Location: Central Florida

Seems I am having "posting" problems.

http://www.marksatterfield.com

Last edited by MarkSatterfield; 12-25-2008 at 07:50 AM..