Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox: Classic Netscape theme?

Firefox: Classic Netscape theme?

Petersen, Vegard Krog

Have upgraded to Firefox 3.

Anybody know of any Firefox 3-compatible "classic" theme?
"Classic" referring to the old Netscape/Mozilla look.

N-scape1, FoxScape and Perennial all dead and not compatible...
http://digiboy.deviantart.com/art/Pe...0-2-2-10768290

TIA

Regards from Vegard Krog Petersen, Norway
http://vegard2.no

elaich

"Petersen, Vegard Krog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:g4avtr$elk$(E-Mail Removed):

> Anybody know of any Firefox 3-compatible "classic" theme?
> "Classic" referring to the old Netscape/Mozilla look.

You are just going to have to wait until the developers catch up.

I'm not using FF3 yet, but I made my own Netscape theme by modifying blue-
orbit, replacing the throbber with the Netscape one. It's not the old 4.7
theme with the stoplight, but more like Netscape 7.

Vegard Krog Petersen

On 30.06.2008 18:58 Justin wrote:
> Petersen, Vegard Krog wrote on [Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:59:53 +0200]:
>> Have upgraded to Firefox 3.
>>
>> Anybody know of any Firefox 3-compatible "classic" theme?
>> "Classic" referring to the old Netscape/Mozilla look.

> Hey, keep posting, someone may eventually find one

I've got an error message - 'sending failed' each time.
Anyway - sorry about that.

regards from vegard

--
Vegard Krog Petersen - Norway

http://vegard2.no -
Solitaire MahJongg guide, Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire,
Freeware Logo & symbol, Halma & Chinese Checkers,
Pachisi & Ludo, Freeware Solitaire, My fishy site (fishing
games), a.c.f.g information, Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb
18+ sites: Firefoxy, Adult Solitaire, Fishy Pictures,
Sexy Chess, Sexy Librarians, Sexy Football

Vegard Krog Petersen

On 30.06.2008 19:13 Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> Petersen, Vegard Krog wrote:
>> Have upgraded to Firefox 3.
>>
>> Anybody know of any Firefox 3-compatible "classic" theme?
>> "Classic" referring to the old Netscape/Mozilla look.
>>
>> N-scape1, FoxScape and Perennial all dead and not compatible...
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1738
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4083
>> http://digiboy.deviantart.com/art/Pe...0-2-2-10768290
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Regards from Vegard Krog Petersen, Norway
>> http://vegard2.no
>>

> you only have to sent it once, not 4 times.

I've got an error message - 'sending failed' each time.
Anyway - sorry about that.

> You can try this, but I can't guarantee it. Backup your profile first,
> just incase something goes wrong.
>
> Save the above files to your hard drive. They should be an .xpi file.
> If they are, then open it with your zip program.
>
> Inside it you will see a .jar file. Open that with your zip program.
>
> From there you will find a file called install.rdf. Open that using
> any word processing program. Look for the line that says:
>
> <em:maxVersion>1.6</em:maxVersion>
>
> once found, that means the maximum version of FF that is good for is FF
> 1.6. Change that line to 3.5.
>
> Now, zip everything back up exactly the way it came. Don't include
> other directories, or your screwed.
>
> Now, install it into FF and see if it works. Does it?

I'll try and get back. Thanks for the info.

regards from vegard

--

Vegard Krog Petersen skrev:
> On 30.06.2008 19:13 Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>> Petersen, Vegard Krog wrote:
>>> Have upgraded to Firefox 3.
>>>
>>> Anybody know of any Firefox 3-compatible "classic" theme?
>>> "Classic" referring to the old Netscape/Mozilla look.
>>>
>>> N-scape1, FoxScape and Perennial all dead and not compatible...
>>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1738
>>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4083
>>> http://digiboy.deviantart.com/art/Pe...0-2-2-10768290
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Regards from Vegard Krog Petersen, Norway
>>> http://vegard2.no
>>>

>> you only have to sent it once, not 4 times.
>>

> I've got an error message - 'sending failed' each time.
> Anyway - sorry about that.
>

>> You can try this, but I can't guarantee it. Backup your profile
>> first, just incase something goes wrong.
>>
>> Save the above files to your hard drive. They should be an .xpi
>> file. If they are, then open it with your zip program.
>>
>> Inside it you will see a .jar file. Open that with your zip program.
>>
>> From there you will find a file called install.rdf. Open that using
>> any word processing program. Look for the line that says:
>>
>> <em:maxVersion>1.6</em:maxVersion>
>>
>> once found, that means the maximum version of FF that is good for is
>> FF 1.6. Change that line to 3.5.
>>
>> Now, zip everything back up exactly the way it came. Don't include
>> other directories, or your screwed.
>>
>> Now, install it into FF and see if it works. Does it?
>>

> I'll try and get back. Thanks for the info.
>
> regards from vegard

Tested. N-scape1 no success. Firefox refused to install it.
FoxScape works (somewhat). "Awesome Bar" not so awesome anymore...

Thanks to all.

regards from vegard

Petersen, Vegard Krog

elaich skrev:
> "Petersen, Vegard Krog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:g4avtr$elk$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Anybody know of any Firefox 3-compatible "classic" theme?
>> "Classic" referring to the old Netscape/Mozilla look.

> You are just going to have to wait until the developers catch up.

Wait? A destiny worse than death!

regards from vegard

Rom

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:59:53 +0200, Petersen, Vegard Krog wrote:

> Have upgraded to Firefox 3.
>
> Anybody know of any Firefox 3-compatible "classic" theme?
> "Classic" referring to the old Netscape/Mozilla look.
>
> N-scape1, FoxScape and Perennial all dead and not compatible...
> http://digiboy.deviantart.com/art/Pe...0-2-2-10768290

Saw this Experimental one amongst the recently updated add-ons:
Orthodox <https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/7912>

--
Rom

Petersen, Vegard Krog

Rom skrev:
> On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:59:53 +0200, Petersen, Vegard Krog wrote:
>
>> Have upgraded to Firefox 3.
>>
>> Anybody know of any Firefox 3-compatible "classic" theme?
>> "Classic" referring to the old Netscape/Mozilla look.
>>
>> N-scape1, FoxScape and Perennial all dead and not compatible...
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1738
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4083
>> http://digiboy.deviantart.com/art/Pe...0-2-2-10768290

> Saw this Experimental one amongst the recently updated add-ons:
> Orthodox <https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/7912>

Cool! Thanks! I feel like a kid in the candy store now....

Installed it; seems to work at first glance. X's on tabs there (not in
the hacked FoxScape) and 'Awesomebar' works.

He even made one for Thunderbird! Woho! That has not been available
since a an old theme that worked in Thunderbird 0.6...

http://www.auburn.edu/~nzk0001/sci/moztheme.htm

Kind regards from Vegard

Petersen, Vegard Krog

Petersen, Vegard Krog skrev:

> He even made one for Thunderbird! Woho! That has not been available
> since a an old theme that worked in Thunderbird 0.6...
>
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/7912
> http://www.auburn.edu/~nzk0001/sci/moztheme.htm

And as he warned: Only in Linux and it screws up in Windows. Buggers!

Regards from Vegard

Petersen, Vegard Krog

Petersen, Vegard Krog skrev:
> Petersen, Vegard Krog skrev:
>>
>> He even made one for Thunderbird! Woho! That has not been
>> available since a an old theme that worked in Thunderbird 0.6...
>>
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/7912
>> http://www.auburn.edu/~nzk0001/sci/moztheme.htm

> And as he warned: Only in Linux and it screws up in Windows. Buggers!

As of yesterday; it works in Thunderbird for Windows also. Yahooooo!