Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Visual Mapping Source

Visual Mapping Source

gmeazell@nomagic.com

I want to create an application similar to the Visual Thesaurus but
instead of words and their synonyms, I have a database of items in my
industry and want to map all the relationships between those items and
drill down. I have been told that there is source code available for
producing this kind of display but so far, my searches have turned up
very little.

Does anyone know where I can get source that I can adapt to my
environment that will produce this type of display?

Thank you,

gmeazell@nomagic.com

My subsequent searches proved more fruitful, especially when I learned
the proper search term: visualization. The project I found is called
prefuse. If anyone has comments on it or recommendations of other
projects, I'd still like to hear them.

Thank you,

Gerald