Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > PLEASE HELP - A newbie question

PLEASE HELP - A newbie question

cpptutor2000@yahoo.com

Could some VOIP guru please help me ? I am trying to set up the
following :

Analog <---> ATA <-Ethernet-> ATA <--> Analog
Phone Phone

A lot of the ATAs come with both LAN and WAN connections. How do I
connect the two ATAs so that I can achieve the following -- if I dial
a number on the first analog phone, the analog phone on the other ATA
would ring. I have been told that this could be achieved with a
'Hotline' but I am not sure.

Any hints, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
for your help.

sadzas sadzas is offline
Junior Member

have been told that this could be achieved with a
'Hotline' but I am not sure.

Yes, that's right... The 'Hotline' features allow the automatic dialing. This can be a solution for you... but just a few devices have support 'hotline'.

What kind of devices do you use? (Planet? Cisco?)

telecomchinasourcing.com

On 6月30日, 下午9时51分, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Could some VOIP guru please help me ? I am trying to set up the
> following :
>
> Analog <---> ATA <-Ethernet-> ATA <--> Analog
> Phone Phone
>
> A lot of the ATAs come with both LAN and WAN connections. How do I
> connect the two ATAs so that I can achieve the following -- if I dial
> a number on the first analog phone, the analog phone on the other ATA
> would ring. I have been told that this could be achieved with a
> 'Hotline' but I am not sure.
>
> Any hints, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
> for your help.

It is a normal function on ATA. please try to find the peer to peer
setting on those ATAs. no need the hotline service.

http://www.telecomchinasourcing.com/...article&sid=42
http://www.telecomchinasourcing.com/...article&sid=32
here is 2 article for you.

Luis