Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASPNet with IIS on XP with SP1

ASPNet with IIS on XP with SP1

DevBoy

I have Visual Studio.Net installed and have been using it. However, I want
to start converting some old asp solutions to aspnet. Is this going to be
possible using XP Pro with SP1?

Anyone know of any good examples of this anywhere?

Chris Jackson

You just need to have IIS installed on XP Pro in order to develop ASP.NET
pages. If you installed IIS after you installed the framework, you can just
run the aspnet_regiis tool in order to get your machine configured with the
proper handlers.

I'm not aware of a conversion tool - ASP.NET is a whole new beast, and while
there are syntactically a number of things that will still work, you won't
be leveraging the power of the framework until you start doing things a
whole new way.

--
Chris Jackson
Software Engineer