Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > 'The College of DuPage Press' from Glen Ellyn, Illinois ?

'The College of DuPage Press' from Glen Ellyn, Illinois ?

Jürgen Exner

Dimond Geeza <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On 30 Jun, 15:57, Cynicor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> No. The Google carefully selects only the best Web sites to present to
>> its small core of loyal users, known as "users" in Google-speak. Many
>> Webmisters spend a lifetime trying to figure out the secrets that will
>> allow their work to be included as part of this ultra-exclusive
>> directory of all that is great about the Internets.

>But the forum that I am posting on says 'Google Groups' in the top
>left corner.

What does your choice of a (very poor) web interface to Usenet have to
do with a web search engine?

>This same Google lets through a huge amount of spam related to all
>sorts of '****' that I would never trust.

Maybe you didn't see the big red invisible sarcasm markers in Cynicor's
comment?

jue

Dimond Geeza

On 30 Jun, 18:03, Jürgen Exner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Dimond Geeza <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >On 30 Jun, 15:57, Cynicor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> No. The Google carefully selects only the best Web sites to present to
> >> its small core of loyal users, known as "users" in Google-speak. Many
> >> Webmisters spend a lifetime trying to figure out the secrets that will
> >> allow their work to be included as part of this ultra-exclusive
> >> directory of all that is great about the Internets.

> >But the forum that I am posting on says 'Google Groups' in the top
> >left corner.

> What does your choice of a (very poor) web interface to Usenet have to
> do with a web search engine?

why do you say that it is very poor ?

> >This same Google lets through a huge amount of spam related to all
> >sorts of '****' that I would never trust.

> Maybe you didn't see the big red invisible sarcasm markers in Cynicor's
> comment?

is Google Groups nothing to do with Google then ?

The Kat

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 09:57:43 -0400, Cynicor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Bob

>> so...if it was a bogus website, would it still show up ?

>No. The Google carefully selects only the best Web sites to present to
>its small core of loyal users,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAA ! ! !

This sig censored by the Office of Home, Land & Planet Insecurity...

Remove XYZ to email me

The Kat

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 09:57:43 -0400, Cynicor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Bob

>> so...if it was a bogus website, would it still show up ?

>No. The Google carefully selects only the best Web sites to present to
>its small core of loyal users,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAA ! ! !

This sig censored by the Office of Home, Land & Planet Insecurity...

Remove XYZ to email me

The Kat

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 09:57:43 -0400, Cynicor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Bob

>> so...if it was a bogus website, would it still show up ?

>No. The Google carefully selects only the best Web sites to present to
>its small core of loyal users,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAA ! ! !

This sig censored by the Office of Home, Land & Planet Insecurity...

Remove XYZ to email me

Cynicor

Jürgen Exner wrote:
> Dimond Geeza <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 30 Jun, 15:57, Cynicor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> No. The Google carefully selects only the best Web sites to present to
>>> its small core of loyal users, known as "users" in Google-speak. Many
>>> Webmisters spend a lifetime trying to figure out the secrets that will
>>> allow their work to be included as part of this ultra-exclusive
>>> directory of all that is great about the Internets.

>> But the forum that I am posting on says 'Google Groups' in the top
>> left corner.

> What does your choice of a (very poor) web interface to Usenet have to
> do with a web search engine?
>
>> This same Google lets through a huge amount of spam related to all
>> sorts of '****' that I would never trust.

> Maybe you didn't see the big red invisible sarcasm markers in Cynicor's
> comment?

They told me not to post in HTML.