Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Intel Raid Drivers for D975XBX Motherboard

Intel Raid Drivers for D975XBX Motherboard

Lawrence E. Oliver

I have a computer with the Intel D975XBX Motherboard in it (not the XBX2).
This has 4 Intel Sata connections & 4 Silicon Images Sata connections.

I plan to load Vista x64 on this system and run it with Raid 1 on my disks.
The raid F6 disks that came with it do not have Vista Drivers on them. I
have gone to the Intel Website and downloaded the raid F6 files for the
Silicon Images Sata connections; but, there appear to be no raid F6 drivers
for the Intel Sata connections.

Has anyone installed Vista on this motherboard using Raid?

If so, what drivers did you use and where did you get them?

I'm referring to the Raid drivers for the Intel connections.

Larry

Bobby Johnson

The best place to look is at www.intel.com

Since you're dealing with Intel hardware, then Intel should
be the source of the necessary drivers.

Lawrence E. Oliver wrote:
> I have a computer with the Intel D975XBX Motherboard in it (not the XBX2).
> This has 4 Intel Sata connections & 4 Silicon Images Sata connections.
>
> I plan to load Vista x64 on this system and run it with Raid 1 on my disks.
> The raid F6 disks that came with it do not have Vista Drivers on them. I
> have gone to the Intel Website and downloaded the raid F6 files for the
> Silicon Images Sata connections; but, there appear to be no raid F6 drivers
> for the Intel Sata connections.
>
> Has anyone installed Vista on this motherboard using Raid?
>
> If so, what drivers did you use and where did you get them?
>
> I'm referring to the Raid drivers for the Intel connections.
>
> Larry

Lawrence E. Oliver

Thanks -

I've looked all over the Intel website and couldn't find any Vista Drivers
for the D975XBX board. So, what I'm really looking for is if someone else
has loaded Vista w/raid on this board and how they might have done it.

This includes them leading me by the hand to find the Intel drivers if I
just missed them (both times I looked) I'm still going back and looking
again.

Larry

"Bobby Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The best place to look is at www.intel.com
>
> Since you're dealing with Intel hardware, then Intel should be the source
> of the necessary drivers.
>

> Lawrence E. Oliver wrote:
>> I have a computer with the Intel D975XBX Motherboard in it (not the
>> XBX2). This has 4 Intel Sata connections & 4 Silicon Images Sata
>> connections.
>>
>> I plan to load Vista x64 on this system and run it with Raid 1 on my
>> disks. The raid F6 disks that came with it do not have Vista Drivers on
>> them. I have gone to the Intel Website and downloaded the raid F6 files
>> for the Silicon Images Sata connections; but, there appear to be no raid
>> F6 drivers for the Intel Sata connections.
>>
>> Has anyone installed Vista on this motherboard using Raid?
>>
>> If so, what drivers did you use and where did you get them?
>>
>> I'm referring to the Raid drivers for the Intel connections.
>>
>> Larry

Jeff Gaines

On 27/06/2008 in message <On7#(E-Mail Removed)> Lawrence
E. Oliver wrote:

>I have a computer with the Intel D975XBX Motherboard in it (not the XBX2).
>This has 4 Intel Sata connections & 4 Silicon Images Sata connections.
>
>I plan to load Vista x64 on this system and run it with Raid 1 on my
>disks. The raid F6 disks that came with it do not have Vista Drivers on
>them. I have gone to the Intel Website and downloaded the raid F6 files
>for the Silicon Images Sata connections; but, there appear to be no raid
>F6 drivers for the Intel Sata connections.

Lovely board, I have the v1 as well

The drivers are here:

<http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=2205&OS FullName=Windows*+XP+Professional+x64+Edition&lang =eng&strOSs=109&submit=Go%21>

I've saved you going through a bl**dy stupid Flash intro, why oh why do
webmasters think we need cr*p like that?

>Has anyone installed Vista on this motherboard using Raid?

Yes to Vista, no to RAID. Then quickly to XP x64 as I found Vista unusable.

>If so, what drivers did you use and where did you get them?

Intel, as above.

>I'm referring to the Raid drivers for the Intel connections.

You need the Matrix drivers, Item 6.

--
Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
All things being equal, fat people use more soap

Jeff Gaines

On 27/06/2008 in message <(E-Mail Removed)> Jeff
Gaines wrote:

>The drivers are here:

Sorry that was x64, Vista 64 is here:

<http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=2205&OS FullName=Windows+Vista*+64&lang=eng&strOSs=150&sub mit=Go%21>

However, as you say no Matrix drivers, wonder if the x64 ones will work?

--
Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
640k ought to be enough for anyone.

Jeff Gaines

On 27/06/2008 in message <(E-Mail Removed)> Jeff
Gaines wrote:

Yet another follow up - search the Intel site for Matrix Storage - Vista
64 is supported but I can't remember which version the BadAxe supports but
I have iata82_enu.exe in my driver directory for Vista 64.

--
Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant

Carlos

Lawrence,
IntelĀ® 975X Express Chipset official drivers for Vista x64 here
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filt...0&submit=Go%21
Enjoy!
Carlos

"Lawrence E. Oliver" wrote:

> I have a computer with the Intel D975XBX Motherboard in it (not the XBX2).
> This has 4 Intel Sata connections & 4 Silicon Images Sata connections.
>
> I plan to load Vista x64 on this system and run it with Raid 1 on my disks.
> The raid F6 disks that came with it do not have Vista Drivers on them. I
> have gone to the Intel Website and downloaded the raid F6 files for the
> Silicon Images Sata connections; but, there appear to be no raid F6 drivers
> for the Intel Sata connections.
>
> Has anyone installed Vista on this motherboard using Raid?
>
> If so, what drivers did you use and where did you get them?
>
> I'm referring to the Raid drivers for the Intel connections.
>
> Larry

Lawrence E. Oliver

Thanks Jeff!

Larry

"Jeff Gaines" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 27/06/2008 in message <(E-Mail Removed)> Jeff
> Gaines wrote:
>
>>The drivers are here:

> Sorry that was x64, Vista 64 is here:
>
> <http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=2205&OS FullName=Windows+Vista*+64&lang=eng&strOSs=150&sub mit=Go%21>
>
> However, as you say no Matrix drivers, wonder if the x64 ones will work?
>
> --
> Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
> 640k ought to be enough for anyone.
> (Bill Gates, 1981)