Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Porting to VOIP

Porting to VOIP

zorst1@googlemail.com

Hi,

I am planning to port a number from cable to a VOIP service, the
number though was orignally with BT. Is there any pitfalls I should
watch out for in doing this?

Thanks.

nealgilbert@gmail.com

On Jun 27, 7:01 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am planning to port a number from cable to a VOIP service, the
> number though was orignally with BT. Is there any pitfalls I should
> watch out for in doing this?
>
> Thanks.

It takes an average of 30-45 days if you don't run into any problems.
I would set up remote call forwarding with the current provider to a
new number given to you by the new provider.

Check out www.avadtechnologies.com or www.hostedvoipinfo.net.

Good luck.