Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Saving and uploading flash video ?

Saving and uploading flash video ?

grumpyoldhori

Gentlemen, some of my rellies are in the UK and would like to
seeing this documentary about Corporal Apiata VC.
I was going to post over some dvds, but I find that video
downloader in Firefox will not save it from the site.
Could I have some advice on how to save the programme to harddrive
and uploading it to google video.
Linux or Windows
--
grumpy

esar@slingshot.co.nz

On Jun 27, 9:59*pm, grumpyoldhori <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Gentlemen, some of my rellies are in the UK and would like to
> seeing this documentary about Corporal Apiata VC.
> I was going to post over some dvds, but I find that video
> downloader in Firefox will not save it from the site.
> Could I have some advice on how to save the programme to harddrive
> and uploading it to google video.
> Linux or Windows
> --
> grumpy

Hi...
simple solution is once you'v watched it yourself on Pc -
go to temp internet files - however you do that in Firefox - and
you'll find the vid in there someplace, copy it to a folder to save it
in - and your done! then you do whatever you do to get it on a dvd to
mail over.(several prog's for that, and you'v no doubt got one to use)

Diogenes

On Jun 28, 9:44*pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Jun 27, 9:59*pm, grumpyoldhori <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Gentlemen, some of my rellies are in the UK and would like to
> > seeing this documentary about Corporal Apiata VC.
> > I was going to post over some dvds, but I find that video
> > downloader in Firefox will not save it from the site.
> > Could I have some advice on how to save the programme to harddrive
> > and uploading it to google video.
> > Linux or Windows
> > --
> > grumpy

> Hi...
> simple solution is once you'v watched it yourself on Pc -
> go to temp internet files - however you do that in Firefox - and
> you'll find the vid in there someplace, copy it to a folder to save it
> in - and your done! *then you do whatever you do to get it on a dvd to
> mail over.(several prog's for that, and you'v no doubt got one to use)

If it's still in your cache then use the Add-On Cacheviewer to find it
& copy it elsewhere, say to your desktop. Then use convertxtodvd or
somesuch to create & burn the dvd.
If it isn't, then the Add-On DownloaderHelper really ought to be able
to help you. It'll even convert the file to avi.

Good luck & cheers!

Diogenes

On Jun 27, 9:59 pm, grumpyoldhori <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Gentlemen, some of my rellies are in the UK and would like to
> seeing this documentary about Corporal Apiata VC.
> I was going to post over some dvds, but I find that video
> downloader in Firefox will not save it from the site.
> Could I have some advice on how to save the programme to harddrive
> and uploading it to google video.
> Linux or Windows
> --
> grump

Is that TVNZ's Reluctant Hero?
It's @ http://download.tvnzondemand.co.nz/d...tant_part1.flv
Just change the part1 to 2 etc (thru' to
Looks like a biggie!

Warwick

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 21:59:02 +1200, grumpyoldhori wrote:

> Gentlemen, some of my rellies are in the UK and would like to
> seeing this documentary about Corporal Apiata VC.
> I was going to post over some dvds, but I find that video
> downloader in Firefox will not save it from the site.
> Could I have some advice on how to save the programme to harddrive
> and uploading it to google video.
> Linux or Windows

I've had this problem.

Firefox main menu tools/page info, pick media from the tabbed notebook that
appears, scroll thru the files till you find the flv or swf and click save
as. This method does not seem to work when the file is embedded FF will not
cache it.

HOwever if you open it in IE and give it time to cache you will get it.
main menu, click Internet Tools on the 'General' tab of the notebook look
for 'browsing history' click the settings button, then click the 'view
files button on the pop up window. Temporary internet files folder opens
and you can drag and drop the item.

I got totally ****ed off with it and got a tool called Orbit that just rips
them wholesale from various pages.

I'm no expert Grumpy but that's how it has worked for me.

--
cheers