Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Check permission on files and directories

Check permission on files and directories

Jonas Nilsson

Hi!

I need to check if the current user has READ access on a file or a
directory.

Is there a way to do this in C#?, without using try & catch.

/Jonas

Mike Hanson

Take a look at the FileIOPermission class. You need to
use Imperative Code Access Security.

Mike Hanson
MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA, MCT

Jonas Nilsson

I can't find out how to get a specific permission for a file,

/Jonas

news:0b1d01c3616d$b7f34990$(E-Mail Removed)...