Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > cs3 vs cs3 extended ?

cs3 vs cs3 extended ?

oleuncleted@aol.com

im looking to buy either cs3 or cs3 extended .
would the extra $ for cs3 extended be worth it ?.
the extra options of film,video, multi media graphic , and medical
professionals who would benifit from it (from a website) ,don't think
that would help me just using it for editing my images ?.

anyone ?

thanks
oleuncleted

tony cooper

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:05:12 -0700 (PDT), "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>im looking to buy either cs3 or cs3 extended .
>would the extra $ for cs3 extended be worth it ?.
>the extra options of film,video, multi media graphic , and medical
>professionals who would benifit from it (from a website) ,don't think
>that would help me just using it for editing my images ?.
>
>anyone ?

Where are you now? Where are you in the sense of having experience in
image editing, that is? Whether or not CS3 or CS3 Extended is "worth
it" depends greatly on your current level of expertise in image
manipulation. If you are upgrading from Photoshop X, then there's
one answer. If you are plunging into editing for the first time, or
from some program that came bundled with a camera, the answer might be
different.

There are features in the various Photoshop programs that many people
never get around to understanding or using. It's hard to justify the
cost of CS3 if you are going to use only the basic features.

You might want to start with Adobe Elements 6.0 at the price of $50 to
$100 (depending on who you buy it from). If you don't know, in
advance, what you will be doing with the full CS3, then chances are
Elements will do everything you want.

Some will say to download a demo version of CS3. That sounds good,
but it's not all that practical if you don't have previous experience
with Photoshop. You are not going to scratch the surface of what can
be done in CS3 in a trial period.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Paul Furman

> im looking to buy either cs3 or cs3 extended .
> would the extra $ for cs3 extended be worth it ?.
> the extra options of film,video, multi media graphic , and medical
> professionals who would benifit from it (from a website) ,don't think
> that would help me just using it for editing my images ?.

Correct, the video stuff is useless for editing still photos, it's very
specialized.

oleuncleted@aol.com

i have been using cs on a pc i got from someone for a while now .
ill be upgrading to a newer pc and want to get cs or cs3 extended .
looks like cs3 will be the version im after .
thanks
oleuncleted