Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > accessing an asp:label from inside a .dll

accessing an asp:label from inside a .dll

Will

I'm building a component and I want to access the .Text
property of an asp:label that is on the asp.net page from
a method in my assembly file. Can someone tell me how to
do this? Thanks

Will

Natty Gur

Hi,

if your class is called when request arrive to the server.

Get the page (the page is the HTTPHandler)
Page s = ((Page)HttpContext.Current.Handler);
Get the lable text
string ss = ((Label)s.FindControl("Label1")).Text;

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
34th Elkalay st. Raanana
Israel , 43000