Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Error + Send Mail + ERROR: Failure sending mail.

Error + Send Mail + ERROR: Failure sending mail.

Don Quijote de Nicaragua

Hi, everyone I try to send a simple e-mail witch this Code, but always
send me a error messages:
"ERROR: Failure sending mail."
Thansk You.
Don Quijote de Nicaragua.
Elder Soto.

Dim correo As New System.Net.Mail.MailMessage()
correo.From = New
System.Net.Mail.MailAddress("(E-Mail Removed) m.ni")
correo.To.Add("(E-Mail Removed)")
correo.Subject = "Prueba Hola Mundo" & "Fecha y hora GMT: " &
_
DateTime.Now.ToUniversalTime.ToString("dd/MM/
yyyy HH:mm:ss")
correo.Body = "Cuerpo"
correo.IsBodyHtml = False
correo.Priority = System.Net.Mail.MailPriority.Normal
Dim smtp As New System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient
smtp.Host = "mail.turbonett.com.ni"
smtp.Credentials = New System.Net.NetworkCredential("myUser",
"MyPassword")
smtp.EnableSsl = False
'
Try
smtp.Send(correo)
Response.Write("Mensaje enviado satisfactoriamente")
Catch ex As Exception
Response.Write("ERROR: " & ex.Message)
End Try

Hans Kesting

Don Quijote de Nicaragua wrote on 26-6-2008 :
> Hi, everyone I try to send a simple e-mail witch this Code, but always
> send me a error messages:
> "ERROR: Failure sending mail."
> Thansk You.
> Don Quijote de Nicaragua.
> Elder Soto.

> Try
> smtp.Send(correo)
> Response.Write("Mensaje enviado satisfactoriamente")
> Catch ex As Exception
> Response.Write("ERROR: " & ex.Message)
> End Try

Instead of only displaying the Message of the "top" exception, try
digging deeper in the InnerExceptions: there you will find more
information about the real problem.

Hans Kesting

Don Quijote de Nicaragua

Hi, everyone, I try witch two server y appear this message:

1- First Server (mail.cablenet.com.ni):
System.Net.Mail.SmtpException {"Transaction failed. The server
response was: Service unavailable; Client host
[194.147.intelnet.net.gt] blocked using Barracuda Reputation;
http://bbl.barracudacentral.com/q.cgi?ip=216.230.147.194"}
System.Net.Mail.SmtpException

2- Second Server (mail.turbonett.com.ni):
Unable to connect to the remote server

Any ideas is happened?

Don Quijote de Nicaragua.
Elder Soto.

On 26 jun, 01:54, Hans Kesting <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Don Quijote de Nicaragua wrote on 26-6-2008 :
>
> > Hi, everyone I try to send a simple e-mail witch this Code, but always
> > send me a error messages:
> > "ERROR: Failure sending mail."
> > Thansk You.
> > Don Quijote de Nicaragua.
> > Elder Soto.

> > Try
> > smtp.Send(correo)
> > Response.Write("Mensaje enviado satisfactoriamente")
> > Catch ex As Exception
> > Response.Write("ERROR: " & ex.Message)
> > End Try

> Instead of only displaying the Message of the "top" exception, try
> digging deeper in the InnerExceptions: there you will find more
> information about the real problem.
>
> Hans Kesting

Hans Kesting

Don Quijote de Nicaragua formulated the question :
> Hi, everyone, I try witch two server y appear this message:
>

> 1- First Server (mail.cablenet.com.ni):
> System.Net.Mail.SmtpException {"Transaction failed. The server
> response was: Service unavailable; Client host
> [194.147.intelnet.net.gt] blocked using Barracuda Reputation;
> http://bbl.barracudacentral.com/q.cgi?ip=216.230.147.194"}
> System.Net.Mail.SmtpException

Apparently there is some "baracuda reputation" checking and actively
refusing to send your e-mail. Dis you try that link?

> 2- Second Server (mail.turbonett.com.ni):
> Unable to connect to the remote server

Could be anything. Does that server exist? Can it be reached from your
application? Any more errormessages (inner exceptions maybe)?

Hans Kesting

Juan T. Llibre

Hans,

I replied to Don Quijote, in spanish, in the spanish asp.net newsgroup,
where he posted the same error messages, giving him ample details
and suggesting he use a reliable smpt server, like Gmail's, for testing.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
======================================
"Hans Kesting" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Don Quijote de Nicaragua formulated the question :
>> Hi, everyone, I try witch two server y appear this message:
>>

>> 1- First Server (mail.cablenet.com.ni):
>> System.Net.Mail.SmtpException {"Transaction failed. The server
>> response was: Service unavailable; Client host
>> [194.147.intelnet.net.gt] blocked using Barracuda Reputation;
>> http://bbl.barracudacentral.com/q.cgi?ip=216.230.147.194"}
>> System.Net.Mail.SmtpException

> Apparently there is some "baracuda reputation" checking and actively refusing to send your e-mail. Dis you try that
> link?
>

>> 2- Second Server (mail.turbonett.com.ni):
>> Unable to connect to the remote server

> Could be anything. Does that server exist? Can it be reached from your application? Any more errormessages (inner
> exceptions maybe)?
>
> Hans Kesting

Don Quijote de Nicaragua

Thank You, Juan T. Libre.