Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Slide Out Panel

Slide Out Panel

Jason Cavett

I was wondering if anybody had any experience with a slide out panel
in Java. I've searched around on the web but haven't had much luck.
I'm looking to create a panel that holds a series of components that I
can drag and drop onto another panel. It's similar in functionality
to the slide out panels found when building GUIs using MS Visual
Studio.

Thanks

Stefan Ram

Jason Cavett <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>I'm looking to create a panel that holds a series of components that I
>can drag and drop onto another panel. It's similar in functionality

One might listen for mouse events with in custom JComponent,
and your components are rectangular images. When the mouse
button goes down over an imageš, mouse movement events change
the model (position of this image) and trigger a repaint,
until the mouse button is released. The components are drawn
in Z (depth) order.

(I never actually wrote something like this, so it might be
totally wrong.)

1) The details for overlapping images are left to the reader.

Stefan Ram

Supersedes: <(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>

Jason Cavett <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>I'm looking to create a panel that holds a series of components that I
>can drag and drop onto another panel. It's similar in functionality

One might listen for mouse events within a custom JComponent,