Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > HELP!! Unable to debug after Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 install

HELP!! Unable to debug after Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 install

Axel Dahmen

I've just installed Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 (SP4) on my Windows 2000 Server. Now I can't debug anymore! I'm using Visual Studio 7.0 (2002), ..NET Framework 1.0.

The error message I get is (translated):

"Error running the project. Unable to start debugging on the web server. Critical failure. Would you like to disable future attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for this project?"

What can I do?? Please help, I'm desperate!

TIA,
Axel Dahmen

Natty Gur

Axel Hi,

did you try to run aspnet_regiis -i ?

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
34th Elkalay st. Raanana
Israel , 43000
Phone Numbers:
Office: +972-(0)9-7740261
Fax: +972-(0)9-7740261
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Axel Dahmen

Hi, Natty,

thanks for helping. Unfortunately it didn't help. Even reinstalling the ..NET framework didn't help...

Perhaps you can suggest me something else? I'd be very glad if so...

TIA,
Axel

--------------------------------------
"Natty Gur" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Axel Hi,
>
> did you try to run aspnet_regiis -i ?

Natty Gur

Hi

1) check with dcomcnfg that .net debugers let debug users (that your
user part of this group) to activate them.

2) is the debugging problem applay to all projects, even new one ?

check that you
Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
34th Elkalay st. Raanana
Israel , 43000
Phone Numbers:
Office: +972-(0)9-7740261
Fax: +972-(0)9-7740261
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Axel Dahmen

> 1) check with dcomcnfg that .net debugers let debug users (that your
> user part of this group) to activate them.

I've examined my DCOM configuration. It seems well configured.

> 2) is the debugging problem applay to all projects, even new one ?

Yes. I've created a new project and can't debug that either.

Interesting: VS let's me attach to a running IE process. However, it doesn't
halt on any breakpoint...

Natty Gur

Its not the exact error but it might be helpfull:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q318465

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
34th Elkalay st. Raanana
Israel , 43000
Phone Numbers:
Office: +972-(0)9-7740261
Fax: +972-(0)9-7740261
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Rabii

Axel Dahmen wrote:

>>1) check with dcomcnfg that .net debugers let debug users (that your
>>user part of this group) to activate them.

> I've examined my DCOM configuration. It seems well configured.
>

>>2) is the debugging problem applay to all projects, even new one ?

> Yes. I've created a new project and can't debug that either.
>
> Interesting: VS let's me attach to a running IE process. However, it doesn't
> halt on any breakpoint...

try aspnet_regiis.exe -i ( you find this file in
C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705 if you have framework version 1 )

Axel Dahmen

Thanks for all your help!

Meanwhile I've learned from
http://groups.google.de/groups?hl=de...eadm=01d301c35
86e%24d75f9c00%24a601280a%40phx.gbl&rnum=2&prev=/groups%3Fq%3DWindows%2B2000
%2BSP4%2BASP.NET%2Bfailure%26hl%3Dde%26lr%3D%26ie% 3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26sel
m%3D01d301c3586e%2524d75f9c00%2524a601280a%2540phx .gbl%26rnum%3D2 and from
my own experiences that the error comes with SP4.

According to my investigations there is a bug in SP4 blocking the Frontpage
Server Extensions/WebDAV on certain server installations. Hope they'll fix
it soon. Meanwhile I guess I have to re-install my whole server over the
weekend and give it SP3... ((

Best wishes,
Axel Dahmen

news:uJ$(E-Mail Removed)...