Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Photography restrictions in London

Re: Photography restrictions in London

The Kat

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 20:31:31 +0100, "DubDriver" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>So to sum up, he "had been hanging around for a few days" in order to make
>himself "extremely obvious" openly taking photographs of little girls in a
>*busy* place to the point where he got himself involved with you, a "queue
>of outraged women", mall security, the police and prison. That's either one
>hell of a great story or I'd wonder how he'd managed not to have got caught
>sooner!

You're forgetting that the person you're replying to is a penis.

This sig censored by the Office of Home, Land & Planet Insecurity...

Remove XYZ to email me

Chris H

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, tony cooper
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 06:54:19 +1000, Penis Kolada <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>I don't know how it is where you live, but kids play areas, child
>>minding centres etc., are not free in most places in my experience. You
>>have to pay for them as well as for any food or drink or electronic
>>entertainment the child has whilst a guest.

>Not here. Many of the malls here have free play areas. These are not
>the electronic game type areas, but the slides and
>climbing-on-large-plastic-animals type. One parent can take a child
>there while the other parent shops.

Most in the UK these days have staff and a gate/reception depending on
where it is there may or may not be charges for the service

Penis Kolada

tony cooper wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 06:54:19 +1000, Penis Kolada <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> I don't know how it is where you live, but kids play areas, child
>> minding centres etc., are not free in most places in my experience. You
>> have to pay for them as well as for any food or drink or electronic
>> entertainment the child has whilst a guest.

> Not here. Many of the malls here have free play areas. These are not
> the electronic game type areas, but the slides and
> climbing-on-large-plastic-animals type. One parent can take a child
> there while the other parent shops.

I think that somehow I have created confusion between unsupervised play
areas for older kids, such as at McDonalds and similar and professional
child-minding/entertaining/activity organisations for younger kids, the
ones with trained staff and full care, feeding, supervision etc., often
with cafes attached for the parents. One is free, the other very
expensive according to many parents (one of my daughters included). I
know currently of several attached to Montessori schools. They are also
often associated with large shopping complexes.

PK

Ray Fischer

Chris H <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>In message <4864588b$0$17151$(E-Mail Removed)>, Ray Fischer
><(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>>> I was not in a
>>>public place and had refused permission.

>>Yes, you were in a public place. Shapping malls count as such.

>A shopping mall is a private place

Bullshit.

It is private PROPERTY but a public PLACE.

--
Ray Fischer

Ray Fischer

Penis Kolada <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Chris H wrote:
>> In message <4864588b$0$17151$(E-Mail Removed)>, Ray Fischer
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>>>
>>> Yes, you were in a public place. Shapping malls count as such.

>> A shopping mall is a private place but I would suggest that it is the
>> owners of the shopping mall which dictate the photography rule.

>That is correct, something a great many people like Ray don't seem to
>realise, they are private property and many restrict photography without
>prior permission.

Apparently you dn't know the difference between PROPERTY and PLACE.

Study up. Private property does not equate to private place.
Shopping malls are obviosly public places and to expect any degree
of privacy is stupid.

--
Ray Fischer
(E-Mail Removed)

Penis Kolada

Ray Fischer wrote:
> Penis Kolada <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Chris H wrote:
>>> In message <4864588b$0$17151$(E-Mail Removed)>, Ray Fischer
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>>> A shopping mall is a private place but I would suggest that it is the
>>> owners of the shopping mall which dictate the photography rule.

>> That is correct, something a great many people like Ray don't seem to
>> realise, they are private property and many restrict photography without
>> prior permission.

> Apparently you dn't know the difference between PROPERTY and PLACE.

Nor do you.

Privately owned commercial premises are NOT public places. You might be
confusing criminal law with state/commercial law.

In criminal law a public place is one "where the public in fact go
whether they have a right to go there or not. The word 'public' relates
not to title but to lack of seclusion; not to where all people may go as
a right...".

In Commercial Law the definition is in regard to right, and that is
defined by the owner, not by statute. The owners of shopping complexes
might - and do - allow conditional access, but the property at all times
remains a private place.

> Study up. Private property does not equate to private place.

It can if the owner chooses to make it so, or to make only conditional
access available.

> Shopping malls are obviosly public places and to expect any degree
> of privacy is stupid.

Nothing unknown is really obvious - although some things about you do
seem to be somewhat obvious.

You are a fool if you actually believe that a Shopping Complex is a
public place. Why can you be charged with trespass if found on the
premises outside the "conditional" trading hours if it is a public
place? A public place is a place where you have a right to be without
let or hindrance. Why does a business entity require "Private" premises
Indemnity insurance to trade in a Mall? True public places have quite a
different insurance requirement.

You really don't like thinking things through before shouting your
inanities from the rooftops do you?

PK

Chris H

In message <48668bbf$0$17190$(E-Mail Removed)>, Ray Fischer
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>Penis Kolada <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>Chris H wrote:
>>> In message <4864588b$0$17151$(E-Mail Removed)>, Ray Fischer
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> writes

>>> A shopping mall is a private place but I would suggest that it is the
>>> owners of the shopping mall which dictate the photography rule.

>>That is correct, something a great many people like Ray don't seem to
>>realise, they are private property and many restrict photography without
>>prior permission.

>Apparently you dn't know the difference between PROPERTY and PLACE.
>
>Study up. Private property does not equate to private place.
>Shopping malls are obviosly public places and to expect any degree
>of privacy is stupid.

The are a private place in that they are owned by some one
They are not a public place any more than any other shop or office.

This was recently explained in great depth by Digital Camera Magazine
(UK) in their February 2008 edition about UK photography law.

Chris H

In message <48668b67$0$17190$(E-Mail Removed)>, Ray Fischer
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>Chris H <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>In message <4864588b$0$17151$(E-Mail Removed)>, Ray Fischer
>><(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>>>
>>>Yes, you were in a public place. Shapping malls count as such.

>>A shopping mall is a private place

>Bullshit.
>
>It is private PROPERTY but a public PLACE.

Shout all you like but you are wrong on a point of LAW

It is not a public place.

As with any commercial building, shop or office a shopping Mall
privately owned place and the public have *conditional* access which is
why shopping malls have private security who my eject you from the mall.
Private security may not do so in a public place.
(I did some security work once)

The Kat

Oh, ****ing great. The penis is now a lawyer.

This sig censored by the Office of Home, Land & Planet Insecurity...

Remove XYZ to email me

Chris H

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, The Kat
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 18:29:53 +1000, Penis Kolada <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Privately owned commercial premises are NOT public places. You might be
>>confusing criminal law with state/commercial law.

>Oh, ****ing great. The penis is now a lawyer.

No idea but he is right.

Privately owned commercial premises such as a shopping mall is NOT a
public place in law.