Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Slow performance for 32bit programs

Slow performance for 32bit programs

Cliff Tan

Is there any way to enhance the performance of 32-bit programs running on
64-bit Windows Vista?

Colin Barnhorst

What makes you believe that 32bit programs are slow? It wouldn't be because
of the OS being 64bit. 32bit programs run natively just the same as on
32bit Vista. What programs are sluggish?

"Cliff Tan" <Cliff http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there any way to enhance the performance of 32-bit programs running on
> 64-bit Windows Vista?

Bill

Install the 32 bit program twice. It will then run as 64 bit. (Don't you
wish it were that easy!)

BullDawg

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What makes you believe that 32bit programs are slow? It wouldn't be
> because of the OS being 64bit. 32bit programs run natively just the same
> as on 32bit Vista. What programs are sluggish?
>
> "Cliff Tan" <Cliff (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is there any way to enhance the performance of 32-bit programs running on
>> 64-bit Windows Vista?

Tony Sperling

Do you have any 64bit App's that you think are performing adequately, in a
way that you actually notice any difference? There shouldn't be any
difference - what you are seeing could be a HD that is filling up, or is
severely fragmented, which would indicate a system that is slowing down?

Tony. . .

"Cliff Tan" <Cliff (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there any way to enhance the performance of 32-bit programs running on
> 64-bit Windows Vista?

Colin Barnhorst

LOL. We had a user here a couple of years ago who thought he should get
64bit color depth when he installed his dual SLI video cards. Honest.

"Bill" <eschol@remove_this.shinbiro.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Install the 32 bit program twice. It will then run as 64 bit. (Don't you
> wish it were that easy!)
>
> BullDawg
>
> "Colin Barnhorst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> What makes you believe that 32bit programs are slow? It wouldn't be
>> because of the OS being 64bit. 32bit programs run natively just the same
>> as on 32bit Vista. What programs are sluggish?
>>
>> "Cliff Tan" <Cliff (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Is there any way to enhance the performance of 32-bit programs running
>>> on
>>> 64-bit Windows Vista?

Carlos

Cliff,
Are your 32-bit programs running slower as compared to what?
How much memory you have in your system?
2 gigabytes might be the lowest for 64-bit Vista.
Carlos

"Cliff Tan" wrote:

> Is there any way to enhance the performance of 32-bit programs running on
> 64-bit Windows Vista?

Colin Barnhorst

Are you using a good usb stick for ReadyBoost? At 2GB you should see some
benefit if your hard drive light is on most of the time.