Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Nikon

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: Nikon

 
 
ASAAR
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-25-2008
On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 22:04:49 +0100, Jake wrote:

> Is it just me, or are there a lot of stupid posts here supporting Nikon?


No, it's not just you. But not all of those that are stupid as a
post support Nikon. Many dolts also support Canon, Fuji, Kodak,
Minolta, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax and Sony cameras. Which brands
do *you* support?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
nospam
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-25-2008
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, ASAAR
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Many dolts also support Canon, Fuji, Kodak,
> Minolta, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax and Sony cameras.


don't forget sigma.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
ASAAR
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-25-2008
On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 15:31:29 +1200, frederick wrote:

>>> Is it just me, or are there a lot of stupid posts here supporting Nikon?

>>
>> No, it's not just you. But not all of those that are stupid as a
>> post support Nikon. Many dolts also support Canon, Fuji, Kodak,
>> Minolta, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax and Sony cameras. Which brands
>> do *you* support?
>>

> Samsung - you forgot Samsung. There are bound to be some people who
> support Samsung,


Of course, they are legion. But how could there be any stupid
supporters of Samsung, universally acknowledged as makers of the
worlds finest cameras? I can be forgiven for forgetting Ricoh, as
they're almost impossible to find, at least over here . . .

 
Reply With Quote
 
ASAAR
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-25-2008
On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 20:56:26 -0700, nospam wrote:

>> Many dolts also support Canon, Fuji, Kodak,
>> Minolta, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax and Sony cameras.

>
> don't forget sigma.


I didn't forget Sigma. There are none left ever since George
Preddy died and was reincarnated as Rita. Something obviously went
haywire, as this happened more than 18 months ago and she's still
here . . .

 
Reply With Quote
 
David J Taylor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-25-2008
frederick wrote:
[]
> Samsung - you forgot Samsung. There are bound to be some people who
> support Samsung,


I don't know about the US - but in the UK Samsung is current running an
advert about their cameras having millions of pixels, but only "thousands"
of colours. Makes it a brand to avoid in my view - I want far more
colours than that!

(Noted that each pixel may only be quantised to 10-14 bits, so perhaps
they are being /too/ honest!).

David


 
Reply With Quote
 
David J Taylor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-25-2008
nospam wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, ASAAR
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Many dolts also support Canon, Fuji, Kodak,
>> Minolta, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax and Sony cameras.

>
> don't forget sigma.


Please do!


 
Reply With Quote
 
tony cooper
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-25-2008
On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 05:15:42 GMT, "David J Taylor"
<(E-Mail Removed)-this-bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk> wrote:

>frederick wrote:
>[]
>> Samsung - you forgot Samsung. There are bound to be some people who
>> support Samsung,

>
>I don't know about the US - but in the UK Samsung is current running an
>advert about their cameras having millions of pixels, but only "thousands"
>of colours. Makes it a brand to avoid in my view - I want far more
>colours than that!
>


But looking at the images on a Samsung monitor is kick-ass. My
SyncMaster 2253LW eliminates bad bokeh, is sharp enough to allow me to
count an Osprey's eyelashes, and pops this up on the screen whenever
Helen comments on one of Bret's photo links:
http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_2332.gif
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
 
Reply With Quote
 
Chris Malcolm
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-25-2008
David J Taylor <(E-Mail Removed)-this-bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk> wrote:
> frederick wrote:
> []
>> Samsung - you forgot Samsung. There are bound to be some people who
>> support Samsung,


> I don't know about the US - but in the UK Samsung is current running an
> advert about their cameras having millions of pixels, but only "thousands"
> of colours. Makes it a brand to avoid in my view - I want far more
> colours than that!


> (Noted that each pixel may only be quantised to 10-14 bits, so perhaps
> they are being /too/ honest!).


Why don't you hear people in music shops asking for an instrument with
more notes?

--
Chris Malcolm http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) DoD #205
IPAB, Informatics, JCMB, King's Buildings, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ, UK
[http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/homes/cam/]

 
Reply With Quote
 
ASAAR
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-25-2008
On 25 Jun 2008 08:38:19 GMT, Chris Malcolm wrote:

>> (Noted that each pixel may only be quantised to 10-14 bits, so perhaps
>> they are being /too/ honest!).

>
> Why don't you hear people in music shops asking for an instrument with
> more notes?


They will, they will. But right now they're too busy looking for
amps having volume controls that go to eleven!

 
Reply With Quote
 
David J Taylor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-25-2008
Chris Malcolm wrote:
[]
> Why don't you hear people in music shops asking for an instrument with
> more notes?


You can tune and tweak many instruments to get as many notes as you want!
And then there is the string section, and trombones....

David


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nikon 8800 vs Nikon 990 vs Canon 8MP Rebel vs Nikon D70 fj40rockcrawler@gmail.com Digital Photography 10 06-07-2005 06:53 PM
Does SC-12 TTL Flash cable - for Nikon F3, provide full TTL flash capability with newer Nikon units like SB-80 ? H. Brinkman Digital Photography 0 08-09-2003 10:15 AM
Nikon Coolpix 775 or Nikon Coolpix 2500 Larry R Harrison Jr Digital Photography 0 08-02-2003 03:17 PM
Re: Nikon D100/Nikon N80; same exposure? MarkH Digital Photography 6 07-15-2003 05:51 AM
Re: Nikon D100/Nikon N80; same exposure? Tom Thackrey Digital Photography 0 07-14-2003 05:35 PM



Advertisments