Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wired and Wireless

Wired and Wireless

Stuart

Hello,

At the moment I have an ADSL Ethernet 4 port Router.

I use this to connect two PC's to the internet and to each other. It is
a little network with the same workgroup so I can share files and games
and use the internet.

I have two PC's in other rooms.
Can I get a Wireless access point device and plug it in to one of the
spare ports on the ADSL router ?

I have two Wireless NIC's for the other PC's . Will this enable me to
make a network of all four PC'S ? Or will the wireless ones be on a
separate network ? Will the internet go from one port of the ADSL router
to the Wireless Access point and onto the other PC's ?

I dont want to replace the ADSL router because I am of the belief (
maybe mistakenly ) the the wired connection is faster than 54Mps Wireless.

Am I looking at the wrong solution ?

Oh, it is a Microsoft operating system.

Thanks

Stuart

Melbourne , Australia

Jack \(MVP\)

Hi
Yes you can plug an Access Point to a regular port on the Router and connect Wirelessly.
Jack (MVP-Networking).